Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Golden Key Ace Hydraulic Stabilizer

Old 07-15-2002, 05:50 PM

Default Golden Key Ace Hydraulic Stabilizer

Golden Key Ace Hydraulic Stabilizer

Construction: Aluminum, hydraulic, spring based, recoil reducer

Overview:
This is a great stabilizer for any shooter that still uses a 2-cam bow. It does a great job of stopping the initial forward thrust of the fastest 2-cam bows out there. They are solid built with a black anodized finish and they accept additional weights on the ends if you desire to add more weight. I did also test this on a single cam bow but noticed more shock in the bow than I have with gel filled models. On the 2-cam bow it worked great.

Rating system is like this 1 = poor, 10 = best.

Durability: 10 – You would have to beat the thing to death plus run over it a time or 2 just for kicks to hurt it.

Quality: 10 – As usual Golden Key makes a great product. You can’t go wrong with this one.

Price: 9 - They are priced between $30.00 - $40.00 depending on where you get one.

Warranty: 10 – Limited Lifetime warranty.

Shock Absorption: 6 – On a 2-cam bow this gets a 9 but due to the poor performance on the single cam I had too consider that into the score. I really wish they would make a version of this using a gel filling or even limb saver material for all those single cams out there!

Total Score: 9

Final Comment: This is a great product that has been around for several years. It works great on 2-cam bows and is very durable. If I were shooting a new high performance 2-cam like the Bowtech Black Knight II this would be my stabilizer of choice. I wish Golden Key would make a version of this that better suites the recoil and vibration of a single cam. I still like a good metal stabilizer that has good weight to it and would love a version of this for a single cam.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:16 PM

Default RE: Golden Key Ace Hydraulic Stabilizer

Moonce... Nice Review...
The Hydraulic stabilizer was first introduced by GKF in 1989..
We sold a ton...Well made like our powder version.
But with the advent of the one cam ,We needed something that would provide reduction in both Vibration and bow Jump ..thats when
GOLDEN KEY teamed up with SIMS and their genius to come out with
THE TRANQUILIZER STABILIZER, providing lightweight state of the Art
vibration Reduction..Truly as good as it Gets...
GKF Tech
Old 07-17-2002, 10:50 AM

Decisions, decisions. Im in need of a stabilizer right now that will take out some of the "bow jump." Im leaning towards the doinker.But im not sure.. I dont know if the Shop im going to go to Carries GKF stuff.. If not im going to go with doinker. Im just 15 so I cant order off the net just for me(my money). I have to use my parents.. I dont like that. I plan on spitting out about 60 bucks... Nice review moonge!
Old 07-17-2002, 04:23 PM

SA...Your Dealer should have the TRANQUILIZER stabilizer
it is very popular...If you want the Ace we have a special price
on it... Let me know...
GKF Tech