Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Double Bull T2 & T5

Old 05-08-2002, 08:43 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Default Double Bull T2 & T5

Just had to test these blinds and see if all the comments are true. First thing is the workmanship and materials on both is excellent. Setup with the T2 is really easy, but the T5 is a recurve model and there is some "rassling" to get it up. Possibly the added height? Tried each several times with 3 people in the T5 and 2 in the T2, each had adequate room for shooting. Neither blind seemed to bother turkeys at all and haven't really tried them on deer or antelope. Even had a guy taking pictures of a hen turkey within 10 feet of the blind with a flash camera and she didn't spook. The T5 is also the pro model with viewing windows and they're slick. Possibly the most impressive part is it rained one day and none of us got wet, a few drips by the roof zipper is all. All in all after owning several of the cheaper nylon models there isn't any comparison. Kinda like buying binoculars, sooner or later you'll buy the expensive ones and realize how much you could've saved buying them first.
Old 05-09-2002, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Double Bull T2 & T5

Thanks for the Review. I will someday get a blind, and the double bull seems the way to go. I agree more often than not, you are better off getting the best to begin with.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 05-09-2002, 09:53 AM

TM:
Ill have to agree with you,on your observation's.At the present time I own the DB T-5 Pro Staff,in Deception Pattern,and consider it,one of the wisest purchases,Ive ever made,barr none!At first I ordered a T-2 also in Deception pattern,but didn't care for the sloped sides of it,I felt it would limit you being able to shift Horizonaly,should you ever need to make a shot from close to the side of it.The T-5,with it's boxed construction,work's way better in this regard,in my opinion FOR ME !Also on the T-2,I think the company need's to provide a pull up cover for the big mesh front.If you should ever need to shift your position,to take a shot out of the rear,you would be backlighted as soon as you open up any of the rear window's.Backlighting will kill a setup,if they happen to be watching at the time you open those window's.If i would have kept the T-2,that was on the agenda.To make a custom pull up cover,for the front netting.I e-mailed Brook's about buying enough material,to construct such a cover,along with several hook's.He quoted me a price of $20.00! Not To Bad!You can have the guy's custom design a DB any way you want it.FOR ME The front cover would have to be incorperated into the design.AWESOME Product! Critter's just dont have clue,But i really havent played with it yet on Deer.Im sure some tucking in,will be needed! Good Hunting!

I felt the need to come back on to this post,and give you another observation on the netting aspect of the blind.Ive tried unsuccessfully to get a Broadhead to fly through the netting,cleanly.My result's have been very erratic ,and i would not trust a shot utlizing the mesh.But Ill be honest,and state that,the netting used was not from DB.The netting that is identical in appearence and feel came from Hunters Specialties,in Realtree Fall Brown,The stuff You buy at Wally World.Ive attempted to shoot Rocket Hammerhead's through it,with terrible result's.Now whether DB'S netting is a little more forgiving or not,I couldnt tell you!I like the aspect of having the netting in place,It offers a ton of invisibility into your set up's,but would I trust it for a shot at a Trophy game animal,No Way!I even went as far as shooting field point's through the netting with the same result's,Terrible Result's also followed.Ive read post's,where people claim to have no problem shooting through the netting,but ide love to know there choice of Broadhead's.Cut on contact head's would be a piece of cake,and i wouldnt imagine any problem's with this set up.That is also one of the reason's i elected to go with the T-5.No big front netting,that you are required to shoot through.Talk about a heart breaker having a Trophy Buck standing 15 yard's in front of a piece of netting,that you cant shoot through,and cant remove!AGHHHHHH!I approached Ralph Ciancirrulo,and asked him if he was getting good Broadhead flight through his netting,and he replyed the same observation's.Broadhead flight was not consistent ,and they dont use it! See my Point! Good Luck In all your hunting!

Edited by - Hidden Hunter on 05/09/2002 11:17:59

Edited by - Hidden Hunter on 05/09/2002 11:23:16
Old 05-14-2002, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Hidden Hunter, we have two T5's in our family(actually one is the GH500/previous model) and I have taken several animals shooting through the netting with no problems. I use Double Bull's netting and Thunderhead 100's or WASP SST 100's. The first time I tried it was at a javilina 23 yards away using a Thunderhead on my GT 5575...only heart shot I've ever had. I've made successful longer shots as well, with the netting seeming to have no effect on my arrow flight. I've been told of certain mechanicals that can be used, but I'm a bit leary...until I try them out practicing in the yard and see for myself, I'm not gonna risk losing a animal...for some reason I just can't see how a mechanical can not be affected Might want to try out DB's netting and see what kind of results you get.

TB
Old 05-15-2002, 04:38 PM

TwoBeards:
I agree with your observation on the netting,if your using a non mechanical head.I opted for massive body damage,and went with the Rocket Hammerhead,for Turkey's.I really like having the netting up,in front of the window's,as it really seem's to hide the movement better ,than without.As i already stated,The netting used was Real Tree ,manufactured under the HS Strut label.Ill have to try,the DB netting,and take your word that the netting does not interfere with non mechanical's.I didn't want to take a chance on them,so instead of removing the netting,I switched to Magnus's 100 vented Nuge Head!Although this is not what i would consider a devestating head,by anyone standards.it's better then the alternitive.Next year ill have everything fixed,for shooting through the netting,with ease,switching to 125 Gr,Magnus Snuffer's.Now they dont get more devestating than that.Hunt Hard,and good luck!Thank's for your insight!
Old 05-16-2002, 08:04 PM

I have a T2 and a T5 love them, so fast on the set up, I have had Turkeys look in the windows, deer to. I shoot Rocket arrowheads and have never had one fail, shooting through the net. Best Blinds I have ever owned. [email protected]