Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge Matrix

Old 03-30-2002, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Trophy Ridge Matrix

I am thinking of trying this sight on my q2xl, and was wondering what everyone who has tried it thinks of it and if it is worth the money? I like the pin concept but am curious of what people who have used it have to say before I try one. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Matrix

I have the Trophy Ridge Flatliner which is a scaled down version of the Matrix and IMHO there isn't a better hunting sight made.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 03-31-2002, 10:34 AM

I have the 3 pin Extreme Model, I really like it, can't wait to put those flaming pins on a buck's chest! I highly recommend it to any bowhunter. However, if you'll be shooting indoors you may want to choose another sight, it's very tough to see the yellow pins on a yellow bull! Good luck.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
Old 03-31-2002, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a TR Matrix on my Q2. I got my hands on one in December so I had several weeks to hunt with it and I absolutely love it.Before that, I shot the Flatliner Extreme and liked it real well but the Matrix is a nice upgrade.Fit and finish is what it should be.The sight mounts up solid and stays that way.This is one product,I'm proud to say,works as advertised.The only thing I found is that the Nitro light source isn't really a 10-12 hour source but instead is more like a 4 hour source.Also,make sure you do not buy the overpriced light sticks from TR or anybody else for $5 to $8 for 5 sticks when you can buy them straight from the manufacture for $.50 a piece or 50 for $22.
Old 04-06-2002, 10:24 AM

I got a Trophy ridge in a 3 pin model last year and I love it. As mentioned earlier the yellow pins fade out early. I was told by my archery shop that you can order replacement pins from Trophy Ridge in green, which I am going to do before this season. Overall I recommend.
Old 04-11-2002, 07:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-27-2002, 01:19 PM

This sight is a great idea.... BUT, Some shooters and especially hunters are having problems with a couple of things on these sights. 1. The plastic shaft uprites for the fiber optic pins are suseptable to temperature changes. Causing these shafts to bend or fluxuate their position as temps. change.
2. The fiber optic filaments themselves have a tendency to break at the bottom of the sight where they make a 90 degree bend and start running vertically. This causes them to lose much of their britness.

As I said the idea behind this sight is a great one. But the company is only 2 years old. It will take Chris another year or so to work out all the bugs in it . Then Watch Out....