Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Trophy Ridge Matrix?????? >

Trophy Ridge Matrix??????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge Matrix??????

Old 11-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Spike

Default Trophy Ridge Matrix??????

Has anyone used them? What are your thoughts on them? I think I just bought one off Ebay.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:03 PM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Matrix??????

I have a Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix I bought off Ebay as well. This is the first quality hunting sight I have ever owned and I must say that so far, I am impressed.

The Micro Matrix has the 0.19 diameter fiber optics instead of the 0.29 diameter. I really like the smaller pins and they are brighter than my old large pins. The sight is easy to adjust with the thumb screws and in the center of each thumb screw is an allen wrench type bolt to really hold them in place. This feature is great after you get everything adjusted and are going in the field where the sight may get bumped.

Also, the Trophy Ridge Matrix series of sights have the VPIN or vertical pin technology. This took a little getting used to, but I must say that it is easier to use and offeres a less obstructed view than my old horizontal sight.

The only disappointment is that for the price, I would have liked the sight to be metal. The pins are metal, and the sight has held up well, but for hunting, metal really is better. Oh well... I didn't pay full price so I'm a very happy camper!

On a side note, this is the first sight I've ever had with a level and man... I wasn't holding my bow straight! Makes a big difference! Overall, I like mine.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Spike

Great! I have never had a level on my sights either. Always thought it would be too much to look at. I read a review on Bowsite and it was not very favorable. Glad to see someone who likes it. That makes me feel better about my purchase.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:01 AM

My hunting partner has one and it is a very nice sight.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:25 AM

I have the 1st one that came out on my Mathews and I love it, never had a problem with it, and the concept of having the in line is nice, also no tools for adjusting the sight is awesome!
Old 11-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

love mine!!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 10:20 AM

i had the matrix ,now i have the guide series matrix truly an awesome sight!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:11 AM

i have had one for sometime and love it. i also installed and light and it works great. the blue makes all the difference in the world.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

patches42, I have used the trophy ridge line of sights for the past three years with no problems. I was recently exposed to the Vital Gear sight with vertical pins. There is no comparison. Hands down a bullet proof sight and the pins are unbelievably bright with unparallel craftsmanship ( less money). Have a look for yourself. I will never go back.