Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DEER CAM...who

Old 10-19-2004, 07:55 PM

Default DEER CAM...who

has the best cam out there for the money???

thanks in advance
Old 10-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DEER CAM...who

I've tried several different models of Cams and some of the finest for the money that I have found are both manufactured by Non-typical inc. The Deer Cam is the best standard 35mm film cam and the Cuddeback DID get my vote for the best Digital for the money, however..... I just received a Leaf River Digi with the LCD viewing screen. This Cam is indeed a step above the Cuddeback. The Leaf River does an excellent job of combining many features that alot of us like with different cams. Very simple to set-up and run and takes an even higher quality pic! An excellent product! In fact, I'm also returning my other Cuddeback so that I can exchange for another Leaf River.... they are that good! Plus you save $50. Anyone interested in a top quality Digital should certainly take a serious look at the Leaf River units.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:17 PM

thanks for info and i was looking at that. i figured it to b good when i saw that it had an olympus in it. i am going to get it.

What can i do to make it theft proof with a krytonite chain???

lemond
Old 10-20-2004, 08:21 PM

Not worth getting a 35mm camara,even if they give better pics then digital.
waiting for the roll to run out so you can take it to get developed and spend more money .Not to mention the battery life is nill.
As far as digital's go,,,I had the cuddleback(2 years old)1.3 megapixal.Cant view the pics in the field unless you bring a camara to put the card in.And another thing was you needed a pair of needlenoise pliers to get the card out and a screwdriver to onep it(I'm sure they changed it by now but???)I wouldent get another,but still better the a 35mm

Highlander, nothing but problems with that,sent it back

PennsWood,,2.0 megpixs,Good camara,quailty work,prices havent changed with the times.The 2.0 is the same price as last year and its an OUTDATED camera,They The whole board is outdated and they should be ashamed of themsleves,The biggest update for the 2.0 was they went from olimpus to minolta the board hasent changed.Then they came up with the 3.1 or 3.2 this year,,,for$700 BIG DEAL.they claim to have a 30 ft flash range when it's really around 20' and if you want it to take pics below 32 thats gonna cost ya another $25.
I Have the pennswood and I like it,I would NOT buy another due to the $$ and the snake move they do with the tempeture and the it's so outdated

Eagle eye cam has the most up to date setup,I believe buckeye has the same setup but different board.The Sony DSC-P41 is the best out as of now.(It's a 4.1mega pix 30' flash,good for sub zero temp's and you can catch them on E-bay from anywhere between400-and 475.
The reason I chose eagleeye is, PAY ATTN here....
If the setup gets stolen and someone want to no how to use (there No instructions in the case) they call a the manufactors # in the case ,and he ask them for the model #(tells them where to look).Then finds out where they want the owners manual sent to.
The Model # is really the Serial #that he has on file with your name .
This year he got 2 cameras back for people.
$400-500 for a 4.1 megapix is IMHO a great deal
Old 10-21-2004, 04:52 AM

I had Cuddeback (nice cam) but I didn't care for it too much either...took it back and got a Leaf River digital and really like it very much....its perhaps the best bang for the buck......LCD picture viewing screen....self timer and loads of other nice features......nice locking bar....best part is Leaf has had one of the best 35mm cams on the market for years and earn them an excellent reputation.....their Digitals start at $ 299 and I'm here to tell you won't find a better cam for that price and you could spend more and not get what you get with the Leaf......such as the case with the Cuddeback....not very much for the $$$ IMHO.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are some sites out there that you can get all the gear from to build your own trail cam and usually for under $200 depending on what camera you use.

http://www.hagshouse.com is one of them and has their own forum to help.

Jessie's hunting page is another one but I cant think of the url at the moment.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:40 PM

An update on the Eagle Eye...It's a pain in the A$$ board.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Aussie-guy. Go to Hags and build your own. You'll need and otter case, a hh1 board, and a 4.1 or 3.2 megapixel sony camera. You can buy everthing but the camera at the site.

I have two of the new "$700.00" Penn's Woods camera someone spoke of earlier. The cameras are awesome. Long flash range excellent battery life, and pictures as clear as film. I even turn my res down to 1.3 or 2.0 to save room on the card.

I don't think I would've paid $700.00 either. I bought mine from Cabela's for $369.00 when they marked them wrong a few months ago. Actually we bought quite a few at that price.

Whatever you do don't buy film, go digital. I can't even imagine how much more it would have cost if it was film. I sometimes get 20 to 30 pictures a day.

Cybersniper
Old 11-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

It is my opinion that if you are going to purchase a scouting camera, the digital is the way to go. I had a 35mm for 8 years and purchased an EagleEye this year. This is definitely the way to go. In the past two weeks I've downloaded 260 pictures.

The board is not the easiest, but once you get the hang of it, it is not as difficult as it first seems. I just set the delay, if I even need to change it, hang it and walk away. It automatically switches out of test to normal operation mode after 5 minutes.

Jeff, the fellow who makes them, is a good guy who will take the time to talk to you on the phone.

Definitely go digital!
Old 11-03-2004, 04:02 AM

Snoogsdad
Theres a couple things I dont like about that camera
#1Board is a pain in the A$$

#2The case will NOT open while attached to tree ,it's almost like the case was made backwards.The Eye bolts should b on the back half of the case.

#3There NO serial # or phone # in the case like Jeff said there was,

#4I. Seems like coustomer service is only good till you pay for the camera..Was supposed to get camera in 3 days,,,took 11.
Called and left messages every day,without getting a return call or e-mail.Piss poor instructions and he hasent returned call so I called snapshot and he told me how to set it up
I'll be sending it back

Quick Reply: DEER CAM...who

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.