Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DEER CAM...who

Old 12-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DEER CAM...who

ssteury,

Any more recent pics of that beast of yours?!? Let me know when you find his sheds laying close to that stump feeder? I think it's a crock that here in IL it's illegal to set out ANY food/bait/minerals at ANY time of the year for our deer! [&:][:@]
Old 12-20-2004, 11:46 PM

ARE THE STEALTH CAM ANY GOOD BASS PRO SELLS THEM FOR 69.00 COST IS AN ISSUE FOR ME
Old 12-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mike clutter

ARE THE STEALTH CAM ANY GOOD BASS PRO SELLS THEM FOR 69.00 COST IS AN ISSUE FOR ME
Wal-Mart is selling them for $42. I am not going to comment on the Stealth Cam 35mm that much. I have seen some great pix from some of them. But it does seem that you get what you pay for.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 PM

about that stump feeder, if you want to slow them down and keep most little critters out try hanging a 5 gal. bucket at chest hieght, cut 3, one inch holes on the bottom sides. this will slow the corn down and they have to bump it around so it helps finding sheds. don't be suprised if they rip it down just use biger rope. this should also get you some great pics. I just hung my leaf river yeasterday. I can't wait to see what I get. hope this helps!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:33 PM

hey ssteury, any new pics of that big guy? Good luck finding his sheds
Old 01-19-2005, 06:52 PM

mike clutter,

In my eyes, the cheap Stealth Cam is the best buy on the market today. I have got hundreds of pictures from mine and havn't had a problem. There are a few things to watch for when setting it up, but if you follow those, you will be fine. When putting in film, you have to make sure the teeth on the advancer wheel grab, also, put a thin piece of electrical tape on each side of the sensor (to narrow the sensors coverage area), and when trying to manually rewind the film, the unit has to be in standby mode! The battery life is exactly as they say, about a month, and picture quality is excellent! If you do a search on the boards, you will find hundreds of topics about these cameras!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 PM

Hello,
This is Jeff from EagleEye. I sent you a personal message offering to make things right. I dont know who you are, but the dates you give are when I was in Idaho hunting ?? I do not recall sending a unit over night eleven days after purchase, without discussion with the person. All my units leave with very in depth directions? I have 2 boards out now, you may have an older board which I agree could confuse people. I would love to make things right if given the chance. As to which way the case opens? that is the most secure way to build it.....

Any one can call me at 503-695-5127

Oh... and thanks for giving away the security.

Ask Josh Johnson of Spot~Hogg. I just recovered his camera for him using my method....
Old 01-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

This is a buck that made it through archery and rifle, so we decided to let him go til next year. Hopefully he can just stay off the highway. Sorry about the quality, i dont know why its showing up like that. Picture quality is usually very good