Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Goliath

Old 10-13-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Summit Goliath

I got my Summit Goliath yesterday, and I have a few questions. It is a very nice stand I must say. The DVD was very helpful. The bungee cord that attaches to the foot platform that wraps around the heel of your boots is very loose( comes off easy). I am concerned I will loose it on the way to stand site. Does anyone know how to better mount it or have you replaced it with another bungee. The safety rope that attached the the seat platform to the foot platform I noticed it is not attached until the stand(dvd) is attached to the tree. Is it better to leave the two attached or do what the DVD says, on my API I always left it attached. I had to watch to DVD several times just to figure out how to get the stand ready to pack. I think I see why some think setting up the stand can be noisey. Any tips for faster and quieter setup? thanks
Old 10-15-2004, 02:09 PM

Default RE: Summit Goliath

tnichols i too have a new goliath. i have placed the bungee cord above the foot sturps this way the cord is tighter and will not come loose. i also have attached the safety rope weel before leaving for the woods. it is long enough to let your stand be put together to carry it out.i love my new summit. i am not able to get into smaller trees due to the lack of adjustment in the cable system. but small tree and big hunters do not mix.