Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow preference

Old 07-19-2004, 10:45 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Default Arrow preference

I don't know squat about arrows and I'm looking for some advice on picking out some good ones for hunting. I've heard good things about Easton ST Axis and Gold Tip Pro Hunters. Are they of similar quality/performance? What are the top lines from other manufacturers? Thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 10:53 PM

Default RE: Arrow preference

The Easton Axis arrows aren't as popular now. The Gold Tip arrows are great, and so are the Carbon Express arrows.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the axis and GT pro as well as the cx select. All have been working fine for me. Of the 3 I will be using the GT pro's this fall for hunting. Just seem to group a little better over all.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:06 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Thank you for the help, guys.

Anyone else have an opinion/advice on the best carbon hunting arrow?
Old 07-24-2004, 04:53 AM

i think the gold tip xts are great for a hunting shaft and for the money difference between them and the gold tip pros you cant go wrong.the xts are a .003 and the pros are a .001. its not worth the 30.00 extra to me.if i can robin hood the xts at 30 yrds i dont need to spend the extra 30.00 on the pros.just trying to save you some money. i just shoot the black carbon shafts because if i have to remove my fletching i dont have to worry about scraping off the camo coating. but thats just my personal opinion.i have been shooting the same shafts for 2yrs and they are perfoming very well.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:58 PM

I've been shooting the axis for the last couple months, and am completely satisfied with them. Seem to get better penetration with them as well, as compared to the gt's I was shooting.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

For a premium carbon I'd go with either Easton ACCs or Gold Tip Pro Hunters.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:08 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Again, thank you for the help, guys.

gspgunnar, what Gold Tips were you using?

The shop I like to buy from only sells Easton and Beman. I'm not opposed to getting shafts from the mail or going to other shops, but I'd like to give them as much business as possible. The Bemans look nice, but I can't seem to get any info on them regarding straightness tolerance, either in their pamphlet or on their website. Anyone have any info on this? Or should I not bother with Beman anyway?
Old 07-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Beman ICS Hunter arrows at the moment. I've been very happy with them so far. No real reason to switch but I do plan on picking up a few Easton and Gold Tip arrows to compare since both seem to be highly recommended.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:35 PM

cj...I was shooting the GT Hunter 55/75. They're a pretty decent arrow, just prefer the Axis.

Quick Reply: Arrow preference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.