Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Short Releases

Old 06-11-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Short Releases

So I've posted a few pictures at ArcheryTalk.com to have some of the people there critique my form and nearly all of them agree that my release is too long.

I've shortened it as far as it'll go and they still seem to think it's too long. I've been thinking of picking a new one up anyhow and was wondering what some of you might have to say.

I'm looking for a comfortable release thats fairly short...
Old 06-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Short Releases

I have a tru ball rackmaster. You can adjust it to just the right length since it uses a rope instead of metal. Just a simple overhand knot and you have the correct length.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

First , only the person shooting can decide if the release is too long or not! Nobody can determine that from a picture! If it feels comfortable to you and doesn't cause any problems keep it. I assume by your name your main goal is hunting? There are some drawbacks to having a release that puts the trigger on the middle knuckle of your finger when it comes to hunting. It can be cumbersome to attach the release to the string or loop. If your interested in competition then go for it!

If you want a release that has a long range of adjustability then I'd suggest the Scott Little Bitty Goose.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

If you're looking for a way to move your anchor point a little farther forward without shortening your draw, a shorter release may help, but don't let anyone talk you out of an anchor point that is truly comfortable and repeatable for you based on a photo. I switched to a Tru Ball Short-n-Sweet about 2 months ago and couldn't be happier, you might want to check it out, particularly if you shoot with a D-loop.

Gordon
Old 06-16-2004, 11:20 AM

Washington hunter,I agree with Bowfanatic if you want a short release with a lot of adjustment check out the scott little bitty goose.I just picked one up about a month ago myself with the new nylon connection system and my shooting has improved big time.You can get a perfect fit with this release.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:00 AM

Check out the Carter 2-shot. Very nice!
Old 06-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another vote for the Scott little bitty goose.

LOOK HERE
Old 06-27-2004, 09:55 AM

I recently switched to a Tru ball short and sweet pro. It doesn't seem like a release would make that much difference with accuracy but my groups have shrinked considerably. I have been very pleased with it.