Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

OUTBACK QUIVER

Old 05-31-2004, 12:20 PM

Default OUTBACK QUIVER

ANY FEED BACK ON THE MATHEWS QUIVER? IS IT WORTH $95 DOLLARS? ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT HOLDING THE ARROWS - I'LL BE USING CARBON ARROWS. DOES IT REALLY HELP QUIETEN THE BOW.
ALSO CARBIDE HARMONIC DAMPNERS ARE AVAIBLE FOR THE OUTBACK BOW - DO THEY HELP?
ANY FEED BACK GOOD OR BAD IS ACCEPTED, NO FIGHTING HERE!

MATHEWS - NO SECOND CHANCES!
Old 05-31-2004, 02:31 PM

Default RE: OUTBACK QUIVER

No quiver is worth $95.00 IMO. I bet that my $30.00 quiver will hold the arrows just as well as that $95.00 quiver any day. You're just paying for the name.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:35 PM

ITS SAD THAT YOUR TRYING TO COMMENT ON A PRODUCT THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. BUY THE QUIVER AND IF YOU STILL DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU CAN BAD MOUTH IT. WAIT I HAVE A BETTER IDEA, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND MY A MATHEWS BOW & TRASH THAT JUNK YOUR SHOOTING.
IF YOU WANT TO TRASH TALK THEN BE PREPARED TO SUFFER THE TRUTH.
LATER.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:02 PM

ANY FEED BACK GOOD OR BAD IS ACCEPTED, NO FIGHTING HERE!
So, your hostility I suppose is a direct effect of this comment in your post? Please, you asked for opinions on the product and I said I wasn't willing to pay $95.00 for it, that you would be just as happy with a less expensive model, probably from another company.

If you want opinions from people who are going to be biased (IE Mathews owners) than please say that. I wasn't bashing the company, I merley said that you're paying for the name Mathews when you purchase the product, when in all reality this is the truth. When you buy a name brand product you're paying mainly for the comany's name.

I never said that the product was horrible. I didn't say it was junk. I didn't say that you shouldn't buy it because I don't like the company. I said I, personally, wouldn't drop a hundred dollars on a device to hold my arrows.

Your comment was immature and childish and I would appreciate it if you would think before you type next time.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:16 PM

GOOD GOSH PLEASE JUST GO AWAY!!!!!! YOU DON'T OWN THE DARN QUIVER SO YOU GIVE ME ANY FEED BACK - PLEASE JUST DON'T RESPOND TO ANY MORE OF MY QUESTIONS, THANK YOU.

NOW ALL I WANT IS A RESPONSE FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS BOUGHT ONE.
THANKS & SORRY FOR GETTING SO ANGRY.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:37 PM

As for the quiver don't waste your money on it. Are you by any chance the kind of guy that spends tons of money on stuff thinking it makes him shoot better?

My quiver is a machete case. The total was $6 for the machete and case. I love it and it works better for me than an expensive quiver.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have played around with one at the shop, and can confirm that no quiver is worth $100, except a cat quiver or similar style back quiver.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm getting the Alpine softloc for my Outback. I don't think that mathews quiver is worth $100. I never shoot with my quiver on anyways though.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:22 PM

I would not buy one, does nothing that my Alpine Soft Loc can't do, better mounting system too!
Old 06-02-2004, 11:07 PM

I fully respect everyone else's opinion. But I must say, I have the raised two piece on my Q2XL and love it. I now shoot with my quiver on all the time. Because of the quiver, I personally no longer use a stabilizer. The quiver is extremely well balanced offers me better stabilzation then when I use a my stabilizer (Limbsaver module). This is obviously a personal preference and against the grain.

Try it and if you don't like, you can always sell it on Ebay and get most of your money back.

I have tried the detachable but strongly prefered the two-piece.

Best of luck!!
jt