Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Outback?

Old 02-29-2004, 12:38 AM

Default The Outback?

Yes im still researching my new bow, the outback is appealing to me because of the short ata, it would be excellent for hunting situations, but i also do 3d shooting and a longer ata is necessary for forgivness, but ive heard the outback "feels" like a longer bow what would be your opinion? Monday im going over to the pro shop to shoot the following:Outback, Ovation, Liberty, LX and possibly some others
Old 02-29-2004, 01:32 AM

Default RE: The Outback?

Hi if your looking for a 3-d bow and a hunting bow I'd have a look at the LX. Very nice bow
Old 02-29-2004, 06:26 AM

I've got the LX and love it although I haven't put it through the tests yet.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:40 AM

I have shot the Outback for aabout 2 weeks now. I had been shooting the Q2. My 3-D scores have gone up about 15 points. I am very happy with it.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:04 AM

I've had my Outback for a month and a half and love it. Consistancy and accuracy has not declined at all vs. the LX. Actually, it is gotten a little better.

I'm still keeping a watchful eye on the string. After my LX, I'm a little hesitant with Zebra strings.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:15 AM

I feel in love with the way the Ovation shot. If I was looking for a 3-D bow this would be it! I would also hunt with it since I like a longer ATA for everything.

Good luck on finding the right bow!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a paste from another thread I responded to:
I've shot the Outback, Liberty, and Justice. I bought the Liberty. The Outback is a very nice bow. Quiet, smooth, and very low recoil and vibration. I disliked the absence of a valley. The one I shot was a 70#er, but the shop had the limb bolts backed out. I prefer 65% let off, and expect it wouldn't be pretty on this bow. I chose the Liberty because of the longer ATA, and I felt less vibration at the shot than the Justice. Recoil was nil on both, actually all three, bows. I also prefer a lighter weight bow. The Justice stacked arrows at 30 yds no problem. I just liked the way the Liberty drew and shot better, for me. If you like the Liberty better than the Justice, I guess the extra money is well spent. BTW, here the Outback is the same price as the Liberty at one shop, and more at another.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:12 PM

I shot the outback for a week before ordering it. I can't see any difference in accuracy in it from the Q2XL I shoot now and it has a 38 inch ATA. Cant wait to get it and hit the 3D Range. Also plan to take a spring gobbler with it this year.