Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Inconsistency or Double Standards? >

Inconsistency or Double Standards?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Inconsistency or Double Standards?

Old 05-14-2004, 11:03 AM

Default RE: Inconsistency or Double Standards?

no direct "pimping" in the form of "Hey look, Awesome Bow!"
I just caught the sublimial message Matt. I now have a strange craving to go out and buy a Bow Tech!!??![&:][]
Old 05-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Matt,
I caught that message, too. And IMHO Bowtech sucks. heehheee
Old 05-19-2004, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unfortunately I wasn't able to read the thread in question ,but I feel it must be a tough job to alway's make the right decision's on which post's might cross the line in this criteria .But in a sence I do agree with Amp on this instead of shutting the door as you's have put it. Is there not another solution to this problem as Amp has said "can we not redirect the post instead of the action that had been taken in this situation. I like to read about new product's and different evaluation's on these product's whether it be here or whether it be in another part of this forum. It doesn't seem fair to delete a post this person might have spent some serious time on posting .I think the moderator's here do a great job and I am by no mean's saying that they are incorrect "but simply stating can we come up with another course of action to further improve our forum.

Sincerely
nubo
Old 05-20-2004, 09:22 AM
nub

Theres a difference in pimping and plugging. I saw the original thread. Wolf Dog admitted haveing ties to the broadhead. Plain and simple, if you wish to pimp, then pay. Theres always room for more paying advertisers, its how this board floats.[>:] This whole thread is a violation of the rules.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many threads that violate to the rules have we seen on this forum--yet they were allowed to remain open!!!
e.g. http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=630548
Many "pimps" fly under the radar--and others, for unknown reasons are picked off and removed.
Thus the reason for my remark--"Inconsistency or Double Standard".

Also, since this board stays afloat thru advertising payments--then like I "suggested'--instead of "deleting" someones efforts to advertise a product related to archery in general--then re-direct the thread to the advertising forum and request the editor of the post make a contribution one way or another towards HBBS.
But I don't think (IMHO) that some should be deleted and others given the privilege to remain unlocked--in "fairness" to "ALL"--the board should be "consistant".
Old 05-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Spike

what is the difference between dogs thread and someone else pushin cabelas crap basspro crap anyone else gimmik crap? i dont get it i guess
other names and links are dropped quite freqently on this site with no deletion! i must not understand the rules or the game.[]
p.s. i have some of those bheads and theyARE AWSOME!![8D]