Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Build your 2005 Newberry bow >

Build your 2005 Newberry bow

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Build your 2005 Newberry bow

Old 04-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Build your 2005 Newberry bow

Just looking for input from the end user on what they would like to see in 2005 in the newberry line we are starting the line now to allow proper time for testing thank you for any siggestions you may have Richard Batdorf/Newberry
WWW.NEWBERRYBOWS.COM
NEWBERRY BOWS
END OF STORY!
Old 05-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Build your 2005 Newberry bow

First of all, I've only had the B1 for two days, and I am already impressed, for the most part. I'm feeling like you have a really good handle on the riser geometry, given the fact that I have been able to tune the bow so easily.

IMO, the limb pockets are machined to very good tolerances compared to a few other top line companies with machined pivoting pockets. They are very tight and solid. I would however, like to see a "cap" or part of the limb pocket that contains the base of the limb instead of leaving it open like the Mathews Q2 XL and other similar limb pockets.

I would also think the the B1 riser with limb pockets mounted at a greater angle, giving a 32-33" axle length and perhaps around an 8" brace would make for a popular hunting bow, with even less recoil (not much to speak of now) than the present B1.

I think if you are going to compete with Bowtech, Mathews, and Hoyt, then a stainless steel threaded insert for the stabilizer would be a good idea. On the two Golden Eagles that I have, the threaded hole for the stabilizer is drilled and tapped into the aluminum of the riser (like the present B1), and on the older one, the hole is getting oversized and only pulls tight when the stabilizer is screwed all the way in due to the softness of the aluminum.[:'(]

Since you seem to have an in with High Country, perhaps a long carbon riser, but not the ultra thin, ultra light type HCA is making. Maybe a 3.25-3.5# bow with a solid, sturdy carbon riser.

Lastly (pipe dream of course) a concentric wheel cam system. Same sized concentric wheels top and bottom, with the lower wheel containing the cam track and the top wheel letout track with a dual track idler on top(both tracks round).
Old 05-08-2004, 10:27 AM

Default RE: Build your 2005 Newberry bow

were did you guys come from???
Looked at your web sight wow seems like you guys got the right ideas
1) 3 to 3.5 # bow
2) 6.75 to 7.25 brace height
3) 34 to 36 inch axle to axle

these are the thing that Iam looking for in a bow. Any plans of getting up here to wisconsin ????
thanks
greg