Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Dagger, Liberty, or Scorpion? >

Dagger, Liberty, or Scorpion?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Dagger, Liberty, or Scorpion?

Old 05-06-2004, 10:30 PM

Default Dagger, Liberty, or Scorpion?

Pearson Dagger, Bowtech Liberty, or Champion Scorpion? Which would you chose and why? I know alot of you will flock to the Bowtech banner, but can you tell me what truly sets it apart from the other two?
Too those of you that read my other post "the big Three" I know bowtech is one of them, but you can't argue with a good bow maker that is known primarly by word of mouth (how many full page ads in Field & Stream for Bowtech have you seen).
Too you mathews loyalists, yes it is a god bow...but I just can't see flippin the bill for a great advertising campaign. All that adds up and someone has to pay it. Just not me.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:16 AM

Default RE: Dagger, Liberty, or Scorpion?

Having personally Shot 2 of the 3 in my search for a new bow I know your delima and think I can help you out if not put my 2 cents in. I have shot the Liberty and Hands down it is the quietest, smothest drawing and had the least hand shock of all the bows I shot, Including a all of the Mathews Line and the Hoyt Razor-tec and the Ultra-tec. I think the Liberty is worth every penny you will pay for one. I personally chose the Patriot just for the extra speed but the Liberty was a very close second. I know I would be very happy with either. As for the Champion Scorpion I was severly dissapointed by that bow. I shot both the single and hybrid cam versions and both had a ridiculus amount of hand shock and it was pretty loud out of the box, and Literly both Champion bows were just out of the box. It had so much vibration after the shot that I could count a good 3 seconds before I could not feel anymore shock in my hand. The draw was fairly smooth with both cams but not as smooth as Bowtech's Freedom cam but both the champions had a solid back wall just like the Bowtech's But hey take this for what it's worth it's JMHO.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:28 PM

I can't tell you about the Campion or the Martin, but I can assure you that they are both great bows as they are from great companies! I can tell you a bit about the Liberty as I a, the happy owner of one! I didn't just buy the Liberty because it was the new and greatest thing! Actually, I had no plans on getting a new bow as I had dropped a good bit on a MightyMite last year, and I really liked it alot! When the Liberty came out, I just wanted to see what it was all about and after one shot, I couldn't help but order it!

The reasons I love this bow are numerous, but include..... the feel. The size is great, not too big, but still stable. The grip feels awsome to me and it just works for me! The draw cycle was another big factor! I went from a bow with a 324 f.p.s. IBO speed to a bow with a 308 f.p.s. IBO speed simply because of the feel. I don't care about that 16 f.p.s. that I lost as the bow just draws better and is much more pleasureable to shoot! Also, the bow is incredibly quiet and shock-free. This bow just sits DEAD STILL and is whisper quiet! This is something that I look for in a bow as the deer is going to hear any bow, so why not get the quietest bow you can! The vibration free shot just makes shooting more pleasureable!

Speed was the last thing I looked at. I don't really care too much about speed anymore. I use to love speed, but, it just doesn't come high on the list anymore. Any bow is fast enough to kill a deer. Sure, speed is nice, but, all the things I have talked about above this are more important.

Another reason that I will probablly stick with BowTechs is the guys standing behind the bows. You have got some AWSOME guys on this board that are associated with BowTech and they are willing to help anybody out in any possible way that they can. The whole company is like that, and it is nice to know that you have a bunch of good people behind the bow you are shooting.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Liberty....Smooth, quiet and accurate... the easiest bow I've ever drawn!