Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech bows

Old 04-25-2004, 06:02 PM

Default RE: Bowtech bows

Thanks for your reply! Have you shot the new Liberty? If so, how does it compare to your Patriot Dually? I know the Dually is faster a bit longer and about the same brace height. Just curious as how the two stack up side by side. Thanks Alan
Old 04-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't shot the Liberty as of yet,I know the shop that I frequent does have a couple of them so next time I go down I'll try one out and I'll let you know .I have to go there this week sometime so hopefully I'll know by mid week . I've heard nothing but good thing's about the Liberty and I'm sure you've made a great choice.

nubo
Old 04-26-2004, 07:43 AM

You said your bow was louder when the string silencer came off and now you want to replace your bow with another bow that comes with sting silencers installed? If you shoot the bowtech without the silencers that come with it you will notice it will probably be louder also. Thats why they are on there. The outback is the quietest bare bow I shot when I was tring them out. I dont care which you choose they are all good bows, but it sounds like you trading for another bow that needs the string silencer to be quiet.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

The outback is the quietest bare bow I shot when I was tring them out.
Not to be a smart alleck but doesn't that Outback come with factory installed string dampeners as well?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:32 AM

Yes it does. I just have a feeling they wont fly off like the normal string silencers will. I could be wrong and I dont want to get into the whole what bow is better I just thought it sounded like he was trading apples for apples as far as the type of string silencer went.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:35 PM

I've shot many bows and have been fortunate enough to. I really didn't care for the Vipertec to much. I owned a Legacy which was quiet, but fell for this cam and 1/2 craze. I shot a couple of these Bowtech bows and liked them a lot more then the Hoyt bows, and I liked it a lot better then the Outback that I shot. I'm not really looking to get rid of the Hoyt just for the sound. I personally don't think that the bare Bowtech bows, without the hush kit is nearly as loud as the Vipertec without the leeches. The Vipertec with the leeches on was a lot louder then my buddys Mathews Lx. I shot a copule of these Bowtechs, and more then a couple Mathews guys had told me that the Bowtechs are the quietest they've heard!
Old 04-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

They're definetly nice and quiet and a pleasure to shoot {BowTech}.But everyone has their own opinion on which bow they like. I personally like some of the hoyt line and I also like some of the Mathew's but when you pay out those big buck's for them you better think that you got thee best on the market or you'll never be happy .

nubo