Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech bows

Old 02-01-2004, 02:47 PM

Default bowtech bows

iam looking at the liberty,patriotand the patriot dullay frist how quiet is the both patriots.. and what is the price for new patriot dullay????? and do the dullays stay in tune.. i have 790 dollars just for a bow???? and the hoyt dealers dont have the new boys in here at new york so iam looking hard at the bowtech
Old 02-01-2004, 03:10 PM

Default RE: bowtech bows

PERSONALLY, I LIKE THE DUALLYS BECAUSE THEY ARE QUICKER,SEEM QUIETER,AND LESS SHOCK THAN SINGLES.I'M IN THE SAME BOAT, TRYING TO LEARN ALL I CAN ABOUT BOW TECH , AS FAR AS WHAT I'VE HEARD
THE DUALLYS ARE NO MORE FUSS THAN SINGLES.GO SHOOT AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF,YOU WON'T GO WRONG EITHER WAY.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

I just sold my patriot single and bought a dually. All I can say is wow. For as fast as it is.. it doesn't make any more noise than my single did as far as I can tell. The dually doesn't even have the string silencers on it that the single had. Both are very quiet. My dad about lost it when he heard me shoot it. I don't know if it's because every other bow that I've ever had that was "fast" was loud as hell or what. But it was quieter than his old XI 55# that's loaded w/ all the silencing crap you can get. I'm pretty sold on these bows until someone comes out w/ something "better".. but by the looks of things I'll be shooting Bowtech for a while.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:03 PM

Once the string and cables are shot in well and stabilized, the Duallys will stay where they are for a long time. The string will stretch some, gaining draw weight and draw length but not much. I shot my '03 Pat Dually about 300 shots or so before I timed the cams but before I did, accuracy and consistency was very good. Lots to be said though about consistent anchor and back tension, if the shot sequence is consistent, impact will be also. Good luck with what you choose!!!