Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech bows

Old 04-22-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Bowtech bows

I recently bought a Hoyt Vipertec. Became pretty darn mad this weekend at a 3-D shoot when one of my string leeches came off of the bow and found that the bow became way louder. This is one loud bow without string leeches on. Now I know why they come standard on these bows. So, tonight at one of my local shops, I decided to try out the new Mathews Outback. I liked it, but asked the guy how are those Bowtech bows. I shot the Justice and the MightyMite. I would like to state, that the Justice was incredible. The MightyMite was a little faster, but the Justice just felt great in my hand and was quiet as can be. I think I have found the bow for me! Do you guys recommend my trying out any of the other models. The shop didn't really have to much of a selection of these bows. To me, the Justice was great. Do any of you guys shoot the Justice? Any input on these bows would be appreciated!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 10:55 PM

Default RE: Bowtech bows

I tried the Justice and the Liberty. I now proudly shoot a Liberty. Just felt better to me, and maybe a Justice will feel more like the bow for you, but I would shoot a Liberty before making your decision.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

When I tried out quit afew bows and settled on the Patriot VFT. I had been wanting a Mathews for sevearal years and the Bow Techs made me change my mind. I tried out the Ultratech and the Xtech. Great bows the handle was just to small for me. I tried the LX and the Outback also great bows. Then I treid out the Patriot VFT and the Patriot Dulley both in 2003 and 2004 models. I just could not believe the difference in hand shock and speed and accuracy.

I finally went with the VFT because of the sollid wall. To me nothing beats drawing back to a solid stoping point. Here is the line up

2004 Patriot VFT
72 pounds 27.5 inch draw
Gold Tip XT 5575 @ 290FPS
CJ 3 pin hunter {best site i have found} with afterburner
Soon to be Stealth Stabilizer
Winn Free flight SS Caliper release.

I think what ever Bow Tech you go with you will be amazed like I am every time you shoot.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely try the Liberty if you are enamored with the Justice. Both have similar draw cycles though the Liberty is a tad longer and heavier which can and does make for a slightly stable shooting platform. Some folks enjoy this feel though others still prefer the shorter length and light weight of the Justice especially for hunting.

Either would be an excellent choice.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were in your shoes and had the opportunity I would try and get my hands on the "Merlin Max Extreme"--BowTech Patriot & Liberty--and a good bow, reasonably priced a Champion Scorpion.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a justice a 60#, I shot the liberty also and I prefered the justice. I like the
short brace height, light weight.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would definetly check out the Liberty before making up your mind .I was tossed between the Extreme VFT and the Liberty, but then I got my hand's on the 2003 Patriot Dually, after that I decided to buy the 2004 Patriot Dually .

nubo
Old 04-25-2004, 08:47 AM

Hey Nubo, I bought the Liberty. My dealer did not have a Dually to shoot and I really liked the way the Liberty shot. Why did you choose the Patriot Dually over the Liberty? Just curious because I have been reading a lot of good posts on the Patriot Dually. Thanks Alan.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:24 PM

I screwed up and tried out the Justice, Liberty and Mighty Mite about a month ago.

My new Justice will be great in the ground blind that I use

It is much smoother than my Mathews Icon. Less recoil and hand shock. Even though it is almost 6" shorter than the Icon, it is just as accurate. That's probably because of the 8" brace height.

Try as many as you can. There are a lot of good bows out there and a new one is a pretty good investment. You may even find one you like better than the Liberty or Justice, but I doubt it.

Good Luck
Allen
Old 04-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

AlaninWI!I'm glad to hear you got the Liberty,it's probably the best bow in the lot this season.I never got to compare because they never had a Liberty in the shop at the time .I ended up with the Dually because I never really got to compare it with any of the others in the BowTech lineup,although I did get to try out the new AR's and the Hoyt Xtec which were both great bow's as well . I bought the Patriot Dually for the speed and was really amazed with just how smooth and well balanced and very nice to draw as well,the thing about this bow is it has such a short valleyand you really need a solid anchor or she can get away on ya. But I love the BowTech Patriot Dually it's just what the doctor ordered.

nubo

Quick Reply: Bowtech bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.