Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Real Doghouse!!!

Old 04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Real Doghouse!!!

Was at a NWTF Super Banquet last Saturday and won myself an Ameristep Doghouse TSC blind. Now this is the real doghouse.
With turkey season opening in another six days--I told my wife it was time 'again' to visit the doghouse, she looked at me, choked and couldn't stop laughing. A great name for a blind--The Doghouse, will be my hang out for the next five weeks--if I'm not tagged out before.

Now on a lighter note, can anyone help simplify how I fold this blind together? Thanks in advance.
It has that spring steel frame and it's a PIDA to fold close, there must be some sequence to this.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:10 PM

Default RE: The Real Doghouse!!!

I have the exact same blind and I love it just as much as it sounds like you do. The way I was able to get it folded up was going in my backyard unfolding it and following the directions to the letter and playing with it a little. Pretty soon when you get it right it just falls into its nicely folded shape on the ground. I just did that a bunch of times until I don't really have to think about it anymore. Also, if it is folded/coiled up right now just uncoil it slowly and look carefully at how it was put together in the first place. If that doesn't work find someone to show you how to do it in person at a sporting goods store or something. It is next to impossible to describe it to someone because you kind of need to see it done if you can't get it yourself. Once you do it once or twice it is extrememly easy, though. Good luck this season.

Old 04-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

I would have to leave it out longer than five weeks!
Old 04-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keith! you need to kind of twist and curl it into position ,don't worry about breaking or bending it.It's not that difficult it just take's a little tinkering .{Twist and curl} I found this out when I put my blind up as well.My 10 year old showed me how it worked hahaha.I'm certainly sure you know without asking where the doghouse is haha.LMAO

Nubo
Old 04-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

John--this is one elaborate 'doghouse'--one that I can spend all my time in from now on!!!
But I have never "twisted & curled" in a doghouse before--usually part of the 'punishment' revokes twisting and curling completely!!!

OK John I gotcha-- I found the instructions stitched inside of the carrying case and after 20 minutes and two sore hands I was able to solve the puzzle--thanks guys.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Twist and curling definetly doesn't happen in the dog house. But it sound's like your gonna like being in the dog house a little more often HUH,hahaha

nubo

Maple Leafs 4 Ottawa Senetor's 1
Old 04-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice terminology guys.

Yes, the folding characteristics of those spring steel blinds can be a bit tricky at first. It almost has to come subconsciously...like when you had to stare at those fuzzy pictures and all of a sudden a dolphin would "jump out" at you. It definitely is a nice blind for turkey. I used mine last year with good success.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:37 PM

We used the blind today. Love it compared to my regular doghouse that we had! They are a pain to fold up. Being bigger and with the floor it takes some patience! My old doggyhouse I could fold right up. Not the tsc. Seems I wasn't getting it laid out right for the first fold. All 4 sides lay flat then fold over and twist and shout! Here's the trick, when ya get it right remember how to do it and like the guys said, watch how it unfolds. We just spent 8 hours in the blind in rain. Lots of room and even got a nap until my little guy woke me to a bird, HEN. Tommorrows another day.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

We just spent 8 hours in the blind in rain. Lots of room and even got a nap until my little guy woke me to a bird, HEN.
I see I am not the only one who finds it that comfortable.