Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My First Bowhunting Story. From My Heart. THIS IS REAL ! ! ! REALLY REAL ! >

My First Bowhunting Story. From My Heart. THIS IS REAL ! ! ! REALLY REAL !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Bowhunting Story. From My Heart. THIS IS REAL ! ! ! REALLY REAL !

Old 12-06-2007, 12:04 PM

Default My First Bowhunting Story. From My Heart. THIS IS REAL ! ! ! REALLY REAL !

I went bow hunting for my first time last Thursday 11/15 to Shabbona, IL and I did GREAT. Not because I shot a deer but because I Refrained from taking bad shots.

It's eight a.m. and I'm nearly three hours into my hunt. By now I'm distracted, bow on the ground next to me and I'm humming the Irish Classic "Take Me Home to Mayo."

Hey, Concentrate Stupid.

I look through the brush out to the field and I'm hunkered down so low and in the thick of it. I look to my right and see her. She is big and not fifteen yards away. Standing their looking at me and I know for a fact she can't see me, hell I could hardly see her.

In an instant this bow hunting thing is so real and she knows I'm in here. Her and that precision scent detection. Tail up and she's gone.

It's cold and my hands are soaking sweat. I'm shaking now but not from the cold. I'm Shaking and not afraid. It's pure adrenaline......This is so real.

It's hours later now. With this machine in my hand This leather on the tips of my fingers. I'm standing on the limbs of a tree I climbed. Looking out over a magnificent painting of blaze orange, reds and green. I promise this place and you my brothers and sisters I will honor this place and not change any of the brush strokes.

Have you ever held perfectly still for an hour? How about three? Just your eyes, nose and ears to the vastness of things?

There is a certain Grace I discovered that I never would have known, a special Calm that came over me in the woods yesterday. My mind was truly still and I just can't believe it. My friends tell me I am a type "A" personality and I have to agree with them. Not Yesterday.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My First Bowhunting Story. From My Heart. THIS IS REAL ! ! ! REALLY REAL !

Happens a few moments....sometimes more......EVERY time out.

Welcome aboard.

Looking forward to your post when you have the deer's vitals in your sight.......and you don't know who's more in jeopardy of dying. The deer....or YOU from the way your heart's pounding.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My First Bowhunting Story. From My Heart. THIS IS REAL ! ! ! REALLY REAL !

I know that feeling, its a mystical out of body feeling that you can only understand if you experience it. You become aware of everything, sunlight coming through the trees, watching the leaves flutter to the ground, the look and colors of the woods put you in a trance,and you wishthe feeling would stay but cold,hunger and becoming uncomfortable or tired make it disapate. Nothing strengthens my fath that there has to be an awsome god to have created such a place. How does somthing like this just happen from evolution.