Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt and Bowtech owners

Old 11-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hoyt and Bowtech owners

I plan to buy another bow again this year and was sure I wanted another hoyt.....But those Bowtechs sure are tempting. So the question is who has an 04 hoyt and what is you opinion on it? I like the Vipertec so far but want to shoot it a few more times before a purchase. That is if I don' t end up really likeing one of the new bowtechs. I have not got to shoot a bowtech yet and am really looking forward to it I plan on shooting a few of them. Bowtech owners what model do you own and what is your opinion on it. What bowtech do you recommend from the performance perspective? I really want to shoot some of these but I dont like to take advice from the bowshops on bows. I just don' t trust them. I like to have a good idea of what models I want to shoot before I get there. So I look forward to seeing you opinions. Maybe help me out with a review of your bow? Thanks
Old 11-28-2003, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt and Bowtech owners

I know how crazy you must be. I' m in the same boat. I really liked the feel of the Vipertec and ordered one. But, I have been looking at the specs of the Bowtechs, and they are looking more handsome everytime I see them. I may just have to buy one of those two if I can scrounge up the dough.

Good luck, I know I' ll need it
Old 11-28-2003, 10:55 AM

Myself, my wife and about 4 others in my bowclub all shoot the Extreme VFT. No complaints that I have heard. performance wise they are real nice to shoot and will get you some serious speed. I get around 310 out of mine at 30" draw 70#, the wife is getting 297 at 29" draw 46#' s....both these are shooting around 5 grns/pound. Another fellow at our club is shooting the Black Knight, it seems to be quite finicky as he is constantly having to tinker with it. Am currently looking at a PRO 40 for another bow for my wife.... extremely smooth draw, good brace height and ATA. It sacrifices some speed to the VFT but I believe it will be a more forgiving bow.
Hope this helps some!
Chris
Old 11-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

Here' s my findings of the 2004 BowTech Liberty.....oh yeah you are going to want to shoot this one!
Old 11-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I can' t yet comment on the 04 bows but I went through a similar process with the 03 models. I started out with a 03 Hoyt Cybertec and then went to a 03 Bowtech Patriot.

I no longer have the Hoyt. And I plan on keeping my 03 Patriot for a 3D bow and moving to a 04 Bowtech for hunting.

Old 11-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the Hoyts are awfully good bows but I really like the feel of the Bowtechs with the VFT. I' m going to turn my ' 02 Patriot into a 3D bow and buy a new ' 04 Mighty Mite VFT for bowfishing and a new ' 04 Liberty for next falls hunting bow. I really like the new camo pattern on the ' 04' s.

Good luck!