Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOYT owners reply within- >

HOYT owners reply within-

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOYT owners reply within-

Old 02-28-2008, 09:36 PM

Default HOYT owners reply within-

Looking in to purchasing the Katera this year. Haven't bought a new bow in about 9 years; currently shoot the Jennings Machined Supreme XLR; yeah I know what your thinking, thats the bow that Bill Jordan used in the making of the FIRST Monster Bucks Videos. But you know I shoot good with it; notice I said good, not great. I am just wanting to hear some un-solicited opionions from HOYT owners and how they feel about their bows. I know their durable, have lifetime warranty on their limbs; which is a big selling point to me, considering the old lady will probably never let me buy a new bow again. The Z3 cam and 1/2 technology seems to be a popular trait. Just like to hear it from the front line on what you guys think.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 PM

Default RE: HOYT owners reply within-

well, I cant say anything bad about the bow, i love mine. I wish it came with the side plates instead of the full grip but that is just me. I love it as much as any Hoyt ive owned. You wont be disappointed with it at all!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:57 AM

There's simply nothing bad to say about it. It's a very smooth draw cycle, super quiet, fast.......incredibly shootable......Fuse stepped it up a notch w/ their strings this year (THANK GOODNESS!!) and there's no stretch. I bought my Vectrix Plus in late November, set the peep, and it hasn't moved at all. They're a TAD on the heavy side, but not bad. I think you'll be very happy with it.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:00 AM

I think it isa terrible bow, and people should stick with the 07 Vectrix.

Haven't made the trip to shoot it yet, but from what I hear it is one sweet bow.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Katera is a really nice shooting bow. Very fast, has a short BH, but does not shoot like a short BH bow. I love the Z3 cam, very smooth draw. I went with the Katera XL for my 3D bow, I wanted a little longer bow for targets. The bow has a little more hand shock than my Mathews DXT, but still smoother than most of the other bows out there. I don't think you would be disappointed, in fact, you will love it like every other person that decides to shoot a Hoyt.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im shooting a Katera and absolutely love it. Dont be fooled by the short brace height. Like another member said it doesnt shoot like a short bh bow. You will be happy..............
Old 02-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love the Katera... didn't buy one, but kept my Vectrix.

Love my Vectrix
Loved my Trykon
Loved my Protec
Loved my Ultratec
Loved my Razortec

You really can't go wrong with any of these bows... They don't press speed bows, they make a bow with a GREAT combination of all attributes that make a bow productive.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the katera XL and it is everything I need in a bow, solid performance in the week i have had it -deadly accurate
Old 02-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say is, I love my '07 Vectrix. I took 3 shots at deerlast season and killed 3 deer,a 7pt and 2 doe.All pass throughs. It's sooooo smooth.I'm a happy Hoyt owner.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

Love the Katera... didn't buy one, but kept my Vectrix.

Love my Vectrix
Loved my Trykon
Loved my Protec
Loved my Ultratec
Loved my Razortec

You really can't go wrong with any of these bows... They don't press speed bows, they make a bow with a GREAT combination of all attributes that make a bow productive.
This would sell it for me.........

Quick Reply: HOYT owners reply within-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.