Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hang on stand for a not so little guy!!! >

Hang on stand for a not so little guy!!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hang on stand for a not so little guy!!!

Old 10-28-2003, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hang on stand for a not so little guy!!!

I was wondering what brand of hang on you not so little guys use. I am 6' 1" and around 235 lbs. I am looking for something with good leg room and would be a good all day stand. I am alooking at the 300 lb rating stands or more. That way with all my gear and things for an all day hunt I am not right on the 250lbs weight limit.

I like the looks of the Brutus line but am opne to all suggestions. I already have a cliber and ladder, but have a few sweet spots that neither one of those would work in. Thanks for any imput.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:13 AM
Spike

Default RE: Hang on stand for a not so little guy!!!

I have an API Baby Grand that I have used for 6 seasons. I probably have hunted from it 50 or 60 times. I feel very secure in it and I am 6' 5" at 260. I have gotten deer from it with rifle, shotgun, bow and flintlock.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:47 AM

eng40, I know where you are coming from i`m 6ft 230 and not fat . I hunted with a api bow hunter the last few years and this year I bought a loan wolf sit and climb and a old man lock on both are great stands and light , I am goin g to get a loan wolf lock on this week . both have huge platforms and the wolf climber is the lightest in the land , same for the wolf lock on,
Old 10-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would strongly suggest checking out the Chippewa Wedge Loc Brute. Large platform (about 26 x 30) and hangs in seconds, rock solid. You can order them with to differant seat heights. It has a 475 pound capacity. They also have a very simple self leveling feature. They are awsome hang-on stands!

Check them out: www.chippewawedgeloc.com

Good Luck!
Old 10-31-2003, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am 6' 4" and around 230 lbs...in my birthday suit. With all my clothes, boots and gear I probably push 250 or more. I have been using a Cabelas Trophy Lite 2 hang on stand for the last two seasons. It weighs 10 lbs, uses a strap instead of a chain and has a 300 lb weight capacity. The best part about it though is the price....around $70 if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.