Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Winn free flight loop hook release >

Winn free flight loop hook release

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Winn free flight loop hook release

Old 10-27-2003, 10:14 PM
kop

Default Winn free flight loop hook release

Was thinking of buying this release i' m useing a tru ball hunter glove 2 caliber right now with a string loop.Does anyone use this release if so i would like to know what they think good or bad.Will this release compensate for draw length lost when using a string loop?I never shorten my draw when i put the loop on and it took a while to get use to the different anchor point with the tru ball release.What i' m tring to say will the winn loop hook release since it' s so short be closer to my old anchor point when i was shootin off the string?Help me please i really like using a loop.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:34 AM

Default RE: Winn free flight loop hook release

You realize that the freeflight is a " relax to fire" release, right? You hold the trigger tight with your trigger finger as you draw. Then let that finger go when you want to fire. I use one and absolutely love it. It' s a great release for ex-finger shooters since the letting go action is similar to shooting with fingers.

Now, if you desire a short trigger to loop hook length in a traditional style wrist strap trigger you don' t have to look any further than the TruBall short-n-sweet. Just disgard the rope on the release and hook it directly to the d-loop. It' s a great little release.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:23 AM

Doug - correction - You can get the FreeFlight in either style - relax release, or the standard trigger pull......... I have the standard model but I am thinking about getting the relax trigger being that I was always an instinctive shooter and thought Id like it better - glad to hear you like yours, I may go ahead and try one now.......
Old 10-28-2003, 09:33 AM

True, you can get the C-10 or C-12 in the original style. I have the C-12.

The new loop version I was told was only available in relax. Maybe my dealer is wrong...LOL Now I' m going to have to do some research. I manage to get my C-12 on my string with no problems without gloves. With gloves it' s a pain. The new loop version looks like the ticket.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:12 PM

Hey KOP,
Give the TruBall Short-n-Sweet a try. I have one and I love it.
It should work great with your loop and bring your draw lenth back to where it use to be.
I can let you try my Short-n-Sweet if you like......I see we only live about a hour driving distance apart. I' m always willing to help out a fellow deer hunter!!

Good luck hunting this year,
Curtis Locker II
IBO State Rep. / Ohio
Old 11-03-2003, 06:08 PM

kop
I have used this release for two years now. The one i have is a standard pull trigger model . I really like this release because it is easy to hook on the string loop and it seems to fit back in to the hand allowing you to keep your draw lenght just keep your loop as short as possible.
Randy
Old 11-03-2003, 11:08 PM

My dealer was mistaken. The loop hook version was the standard trigger pull version. However, I contacted Winn directly and they had a few made up in the relax version they were willing to sell.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:24 PM
kop

THANKS guys I bought a winn loop hook release from cabela' s got it thursday and shot a nice 10 point buck with it sunday evening. It got my anchor point back to a more normal position about 1 1/4 inches shorter than my tru-ball hunter glove 2. I used a winn ss caliber before I went to a string loop and really like the winn releases fit. THANKS again guys KOP