Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Winn Archery Free Flight Release >

Winn Archery Free Flight Release

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Winn Archery Free Flight Release

Old 05-09-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Winn Archery Free Flight Release

Anyone have any experience with these releases? I recently won a $60.00 gift certificate for one for an essay I submitted to Bowhunter Magazine but have yet to order it. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on them before I went ahead and placed my order.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Winn Archery Free Flight Release

I have used one for 4 years. I like mine a ton.The only problem I see with then is they whear on the new strings prity bad.Go with the caliper typ.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:24 AM

I have two of them; the C-10 and the string loop version. Although it will work on a loop, the C-10 is really made to shoot directly off the string. I really, really like the Free Flights because they do make it easier to draw your bow back, but I'm disappointed they don't offer a true caliper release. They have a version they advertise as a caliper release, but it isn't. I ordered it and had to send it back because it had a head similar to the other versions of the Free Flight. Tru Fire offers a glove release similar to a Free Flight, but with a true caliper head, however the head extends too far from the glove for my tastes.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:27 PM

I have been using the C-10 for about 6 years now, I love it!
The upsides that i like is that it is comfortable, and dependable. The only down side to it is that you have to take it off when you climb the tree. But thats not that big a deal.

Best thing is to try it first if you get the chance, maybe someone you know has one.
If not I still think that you would be happy with it. It's just better if you can get a feel for a couple of different triggers, and then decide which won you like better. I always like to weigh my options. Either way like I mentioned before I think it is a great trigger.

Good Luck!
Old 05-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

I have been using one for about 8 years and I love mine. My dad has one with a caliper that is nothing like the C-10. I would recomend the free flight.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:46 PM

they are very comfortable when shooting but kind of a pain in th a$$ having it limited use of the your hand it gets it the way sometimes when doing anything other than shooting but if you are the type who puts it on in the stand on takes it off when leaving the stand then get it you love it. also as mentioned above it does take a toll on the string quickly, so get the caliper style.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

they are very comfortable when shooting but kind of a pin in th a$$ having it limited use of the your hand it gets it the way sometimes when doing anything other than shooting but if you are the type who puts it on in the stand on takes it off when leaving the stand then get it you love it. also as mentioned above it does take a toll on the string quickly, so get the caliper style.
Dito. I learned a lesson the hard way by not having it on while walking to the stand. Now I use a true fire, still practice with both, but I keep the c-10 in my pack as a spare. And as stated it tends to get in the way when trying to do anything else but hunt.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the information guys. While looking at the releases in one of the archery magazines I've got laying around I noticed that I may have a problem with that. The only problem is that the gift certificate is only for the Winn Archery Free Flight release, I can't use it for a release from another company.

So I suppose the next question would be do you think I should put it in the classifieds or order it and then put it in the classifieds?
Old 05-15-2005, 02:37 PM

I used one for years because it seemed easier to get used to from shooting a rifle/shotgun and finger shooting a bow. the thing is that they are a glove type release which kind of ties up your release hand. Most rist type release can pivot out of the way and you can still easily pull arrows, pick up your binoculars, grunt tube, rattling antlers, etc.. Also, the material that they use is very tough and even after it's worn in it is still uncomfortable. If you do like a glove type release, tru Fire makes the Bear Paw which is much more comfortable. Personally, I'd go with a wrist type release though. I'd put te Winn Free Flight in the classifieds!
Old 05-22-2005, 03:08 PM

Give it a try before you offer it for sale. You might be surprised with how much you like it.

Quick Reply: Winn Archery Free Flight Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.