Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Target Panic " The Answer" >

Target Panic " The Answer"

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Target Panic " The Answer"

Old 09-22-2003, 05:28 AM

Default RE: Target Panic " The Answer"

Before investing in a new release try shooting your present release with back tension. All releases should be shot using back tension. When you draw your bow, put your finger on your release trigger firmly but not hard enough to cause it to fire. Now squeeze your shoulders together to fire the release. You should have a surprise release. It takes a little practice but it will end your target panic. Alan
Old 09-22-2003, 07:58 PM

Well I got the release in the mail today and I must say with one session of shooting I can tell a difference. I was only shooting very short distances but at the same distance with my old release I just was unable to hold the pin where I wanted to hit. With the Answer I can. And if you try to punch the trigger (which I did a couple of times) the release locks up and your bow doesn' t shoot. Talk about a suprise. Hopefully this is the answer that I have been looking for as I have tried almost everything I have read about which is a lot.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:47 PM

I developed an angry case of Target Panic last summer. I switched releases and started using a Scott-Little Bitty Goose. I have been using the Little Bitty Goose for a 1 1/2 now and have not had target panic ONE time!! Sometimes, it' s as easy as that! Sometimes not! If you' re not using a Scott release now, try to find a buddy or a bow shop that will give you a loaner for a few days.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:53 AM

I suffered a SEVERE case of target panic for a few years and had no idea what it even was. It was some kind of Hell. I would try to get close to the target and just like that I would release - before I was even on the bull' s eye! Sounds crazy, but I just kept doing it. And the more I would try to correct it, the worse it got. Then I read an article in a mag and found out that there was a name for it so I researched it in Google. I got over 800 responses to my search. Found out Fred Bear had a horrible case of it at one time and even Ted Nugent. Some of my friends have it too. One friend had it so bad he gave up bowhunting altogether for fear of wounding game. From what I' ve found out it seems its all in the mind - not the release. All I can do is offer an article that helped me to shoot the groups that I longed for again - without changing ANY equipment at all. Check it out at: http://www.n-sights.net/iai/tp.html
Old 09-25-2003, 08:28 PM

MQ-
Ive read multiple times, bookmarked it (along with many others) and I still couldn' t get it out of my head. After a couple days shooting with this release though I actually enjoy shooting again, I can sight my bow in, tune it etc... things I really coundn' t do before. This release corrects you if you try to jump on it, even slightly. It has worked for me and I am oh so glad.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:52 PM

At the risk of sounding redundant if you have target panic and have not found a solution get a hold of one of these releases. I dealt with this problem for about 8 years and didn' t have much fun shooting during that time. Now I love it again and can' t wait until Oct. 1. The " Answer" has solved my TP, finally.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:48 AM

Hey CBAN,

Where did you get yours,My dealer has a demo ANSWER Release he lets customers try and boy it works sweet.

He says they are Sold out alot. Wonder Why?

I will call Golden Key and ask.

We all need an Answer.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:22 PM

I bought mine off ebay used for $60. It was well worth the cash.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:23 PM

I' d have a tough time parting with that kind of money? Check out E bay product #3629993556 the auction ends 10/9/03 just after noon. Right now it is at $45 with
no bids on it. If you' re so inclined to get " The Answer" this may save you some money....Chuck