Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Recommendations for fletching tool >

Recommendations for fletching tool

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Recommendations for fletching tool

Old 07-24-2003, 09:28 AM

Default Recommendations for fletching tool

Can someone please recommend a fletching tool. I have never done my own before and would like to buy a tool that is easy to use, works for different sized aluminums and carbons and is as inexpensive as possible. I plan to get something that will do right helical. The bowshop I go to has several types but they always use the arizona ez fletch(I think thats the name). I value his opinion but would like others as well. I do plan to switch to a whisker biscuit this year if that makes a difference in the amount of helical.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Recommendations for fletching tool

The Bitzenburger is a good one. They are about 70.00. I also use the BPE pro which I like a little better and a little cheaper. You can' t go wrong with either one. Most people either love or hate the whisker biscuit. There is a lot of information on here about them. From what I' ve seen, they tend to tear up vanes and destroy feathers. I use the Muzzy zero effect on a Mathews LX- Bowtech mighty mite and a Parker feather mag. I only bought the mathews when Muzzy came out with one for the LX with the roller guard. They are that good.Don
Old 07-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

the Bitzenburger Is the finest tool on the market. Mine is 10 years old and still makes great arrows. It will cost you more, but is well worth the price.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the grayling jig. It is very similar to the bitz, except it isn' t all metal like the bitz. But I payed far less for it also. I have had no problems with it whatsoever.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:02 AM

I just purchased the bohning fletch tool. http://www.bohning.com/ . The fletching set is regularly $ 54.00 and is on sale for $39.00. Plus you can buy everything else you need on this site, many style vanes, glue, knock removers, nocks, plugs to keep acetone out of the arrow when you remove the old vanes, cleaners. The reason I will be fletching is that the wisker biskuits where eating up my rubber veins. Supposively bohing veins are very durable. You can call them up also and they will give you all the advise you need and what to get.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:58 PM

Go with the Bitzenbergers, they are worth the extra money. Mine are over 20 years old and still going strong. Take your time and have fun.
bmott
Old 07-28-2003, 09:24 AM

I ended up buying a grayling from Gander Mountain. So far I made 4 arrows and it seems to work well.