Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fletching Tool

Old 03-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Fletching Tool

Hi all I was looking at the Arizona E-Z Fletch. Anybody have any experience or thoughts on this fletcher? Or any other brands? I was thinking it being compact might be great to take on trips, but know nothing about it.

I had a bitzenburger, until it dissapeared from my shop this winter...along with some other tools[:' (].

Thanks
Old 03-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching Tool

I' ve never used the Arizona but i' ve heard alot of good things about it. I' ve always used a Bitzenburger and never had any reason to try anything else because it works great which i' m sure you already know since you had one. Sorry to hear your' s disappeared.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Spike

I' ve got one that I' ve had for years and it works great. I buy raw shafts and fletch my own. Just be sure to keep the inside of the fletching arms coated with a light oil, WD-40, bowstring wax, etc etc to keep the fletching cement from building up.....it is a real pain to remove once it dries.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the Arizona fletcher, and had the glue buildup problem with it constantly. was a royal pain scraping it off those plastic arms. I never thought of a coating of oil, good idea. I also had problems with keeping the vanes in align with one another when doing all 3. I' d set the vanes into the slots so they all looked precisely the same, close them against the arrow shaft, turn the spring loaded bottom section, slide on the top capper, and let it set. Upon removal, it' d seem 9 times outta 10 I' d always get 1 vane that wasn' t on the shaft the same as the other two. I eventually gave up on it, and now use Cabelas fletching jig. I really like the jig, and never have any problems using it. You clamp each individual vane, and slide it into the slots, and up against the shaft. its all metal, so no glue sticks to it much, and if it does its easily removed. You can do 1 to 3 vanes just like the Arizona. However there' s one nice deal to this one most others don' t have. You can change degree' s of helical with the Cabelas jig. Both the top, and bottom can be adjusted so your clamps insert at any degree you want. Its great!