Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Difference between Bowtech and Diamond Bows >

Difference between Bowtech and Diamond Bows

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Difference between Bowtech and Diamond Bows

Old 12-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Who should use a binary cam bow and who should use a single cam bow?

I like a bow which comes up to peak draw weight pretty quickly and then gradually drops as I continue to draw the bow back until it gets to the letoff point, one that stays in tune, forgiving to my lousy shooting form.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

i have personally shot the new ice man and the admiral.. and shot IMO is not dicernable but the draw cylce is EXTREMELY ruff on the ice man IMO when compared to the admiral or other bows like hoyt and mathews. with that said.. its not something that i think i couldnt get used to after shooting it a few times.. but when i look for a bow to buy i dont look at price i look for a bow that speaks to me. price is not an option for me when buying. hope that helps.. if anything go shoot the bow.. and if you dont like it.. buy another bow and use all your points for the accessories and go a-wall on it lol
Old 12-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by beprepn8
Who should use a binary cam bow and who should use a single cam bow?

I like a bow which comes up to peak draw weight pretty quickly and then gradually drops as I continue to draw the bow back until it gets to the letoff point, one that stays in tune, forgiving to my lousy shooting form.

That's up the personal preference. No real characteristic of a person that determines which cam system they will like. Only way to know is to shoot them both and decide then. I prefer the draw cycle and SOLID back wall of the binary type cams.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

Wink

As Per Greg's Reply
As what Greg said earlier in this thread,the only other difference is the draw is a lot smoother because of the single cam and easier to draw because of the single cam. It does loose about 17fps also compared to it's brother the Admiral. That's what I found as I shoot the Iceman,hope that helps ya!
Rocky
Old 12-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Iceman and Admiral and decided on the Iceman. I think the Iceman is a quieter bow and a little less jump, but not much of a difference.

As far as the draw cycle being rough, I don't feel that now that the bow has a couple of thousand arrows through it. I only felt it on occasion right after I bought it, but it was barely discernable to me.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot both and the solo cam is my personal preference. I really like the breakover on a solo cam where as most of the dual cam bows IMO do not have the same point. Now that being said I tend to shoot better groups when practicing with the dual cam, but I didn't like it while hunting. But that is just my opinion