Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Grizz Trick.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Grizz Trick.

Two or so weeks ago I shot a young buck with the Grizz Trick. Double Lung shot (pass thru)and other than one drop of blood at the place where the deer was shot, the next trace of blood was some 15-17 yards away. Nevertheless moving on from there the blood increased until I found the deer another 35 or so yards for there.
I had mentioned at the time I would have liked to see more blood at the place where the deer was shot and myself had 'relative concerns' with the Grizz Trick.

This all changed on Saturday 10/18/2008. I shot another buck, 18 yards, rightthru the heart.
The blood started immediately where the deer was shot.
I was able to follow the blood trail walking at my regular pace of walk...and not one step at a time, look...blood, another step, look ...blood----as is usually the case.
The blood made a mess of the woods, right to where the deer lay, knotted it between dried old branches some 60 yards from my stand.
Gosh I hope it rains now, the place could do with a washing.
The Grizz flew well and I could NOT have asked for a better result. Give it aA+ this time.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Spike

Default RE: Grizz Trick.

That's great to hear because I just got a package of the grizz tricks. Can't wait to see what it can do.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:44 PM
BFR
Spike

I've had such great results with the std. slick trick mags that I'm afraid to try the new grizz' out.
I like the 1 1/4" cutting diameter though.

Is there any concern with the steep angle of the blades on grizz tricks? I'm thinking it might decrease penetration.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BFR

Is there any concern with the steep angle of the blades on grizz tricks? I'm thinking it might decrease penetration.
On the contrary, the Grizz trick has less of a angle compared to the Slick trick magnums. The Slick trick has a diameter of 1-1/8", the Grizz is 1-1/4", thus widening the blades on the Grizz. On both shots/kills I had complete pass thru's and the arrow ended up sticking in the ground. Penetration was certainly not an issue.

TheGrizz did however got a bit of a 'saw tooth appearance' on one blade, but I removed that by passing it a few times on a arkansas stone and the blades were like new again and are back in the quiver.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:21 AM

I have to completely agree with ampahunter! I took a doe on Tues. morning. Got a complete pass thru on a 26 yard quartering away shot. Broke the front shoulder on its exit and left a hole the size of a silver dollar. The entrance hole was a pinky finger too small for a fist ( not that I actually tried, but I'm just saying......). The grizztricks are what broad heads are suppose to be....A++ from me!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys, we NEED some gruesome pics!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I knew how to post a picture I could have shown an example of what the Grizz did on a 140 class buck I shot on October 29th, 2008. Third buck for the season----all with Grizz tricks and all died within 60-70 yards from my stand. This first deer went a little further, something like 80 yards from the stand.
The Grizz trick is deadly sharp and flies without making a sound!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 PM

I'd post a picture if I had one! I promise to take pics of the next one though and will be happy to post them.

ampahunter, perhaps this will help you with picture posting....click on the link!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2821708
Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keith, I was hoping to see a close up of actual GrizzTrick damage but when I opened that first pic, damn. That is one heck of a deer and one huge hole in it's side. I've uploaded them to photobucket and I'll post them for you. Great Buck!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Mike for hosting the pictures for me...I'm a backward as for posting on the Hunting Net. Tried several times but failed all!!
Yes, the big guy was over 300 # on the hoof, was a job and a half getting him out of the swamp where he died, eventually I had to get the ATV, we sure struggled.
Those Grizz heads are really sharp and they fly very well. Give'it a go...just get the vitals and you'll have meat.
Thanks again Mike.