Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Grizz-Trick

Old 10-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Grizz-Trick

Has anybody shot a deer with this new head? If so , how did it fair? What were the likes and dislikes?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Grizz-Trick

On opening day, 1st Oct, I killed a buck with the grizz trick. The head will fly very well on a properly tuned bow, no problem.
My likes...well the deer died sixty yards from my stand, quite a nasty entrancewound, but a slightly smaller exit hole.

DISLIKES...there was ONE drop of blood where the deer was standing, then NOTHING (that I could see) untilsome 'twelve' yards away. (Obviously the deer leaped froged).
At that point I began to see spots of blood on the wild raspberry berry leaves, which I followed for another twenty or so yards, just spots (dislike, I would have liked to see more blood at that point)...Then all hell broke loose. Blood, blood and more blood, then there he was, 60 yards from my stand, dead.

Honestly, I would have liked to see blood close to where the shot was taken and not have to start tracking without any signs of blood.
I should have mentioned I was in thick bush, they were two deer together, I shot the bigger of the two and they both ran. Thick bush eh, one ran to my left, the other swung a bit further out. At that point there was no telling which one I'd shot.
I was hoping the blood trail would have sent me in the direction of the one that I'd shot, unfortunately, like I've mentioned that happened some 12 yards from where the arrow passed thru. A little nerve racking, until the blood started.
I lack the knowledge how to post a picture on this post, as you would have seen the kind of entrance hole the grizz made..if you want to provide your email address I can copy the picture to you.