Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Crimson Talons

Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Crimson Talons

Any one out there have any experience with the Crimson Talons?I just recently got into bowhunting about 2 years ago and that's what i have used, unfortunatly i have not had the opertunity to see them in action but all i hear is good about them and they do shoot good groups when i have shot them. Thanks, Scarp
Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crimson Talons

I played with the 100 grain XT's last year or awhile. But they always seemd to shoot 3 or 4" lower at 35-45 yards for me when shot against my Innerloc heads. They were accurate, and flew straight, but with all else being equal, they just shot lower, so I didn't use them, as I didn't feel like re-sighting.

don't know anybody who has tried them on a deer.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:03 PM

I shot them last year and really liked them. I found them a PITA to pull out of targets, as they really do cut a very good spiral channel - if you get them, make sure you also buy some replacement blades as you will trash a couple ses of blades getting tuned to your bow - only downside I found while shooting these heads. I wasn't able to take a deer with them, though I'm told by the shop owner and a couple other customers there that they are pretty devastating heads.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a doe last year with an XT and it tore her up. I double lunged her at 20 yrds and she went 40 yrds and fell over. The only reason i didn't use them this year is because i wanted to see what all the hype was about the Rage 2 blade. And i always said that if i didn't like the rage i was goin back to the XTs but i think i'll stick with the rages for now.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot a half dozen deer or so with them over the past couple of years. None went more than 60 yards, even w/ a marginal shot.
They are devastating. Great overlooked broadhead.