Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

crimson talons

Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default crimson talons

What do you guys think on using the crimson talon XT's for deer? Do you think the blades would be strong enough not to break off if hitting a bone?
thanks
Old 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crimson talons

yea i think so... they are thicker than they were before so i dont see why not. i personally dont like how the blades are curved. but its whatever you want and not anyone else
Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
Old 07-05-2007, 05:44 PM

before I would have said no way but since they fixed the blades I would consider them. 5shot said they are great now and I believe him

rick

Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM

what do you think about these blades.. but for moose hunting?

Francis
Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some new ones and have been pounding them into a broadhead target with no ill effects as of yet. They twist as you pull them out but a few times they quit twisting and I had to kind of force them out and they maintain their shape just fine.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:54 PM

dont waste your money. I used them and the blades broke, bent, etc. for the price of them, get something else.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

After all the negative reports on the Talon line, I wouldn't even mess with 'em. There are just far to many better choices available to even take the chance. Besides, a fixed blade like a Slick Trick, Wac 'Em orStriker would be a FARbetter choice.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just to make things clear, when the Talons first came out they were dull, and the blades were very fragile. Over the next couple of years The talons have improved. The blades are now as strong as most of the better replaceable blade heads as is there sharpnes. Todays Crimson talon is not the same head as a few years ago. These new and improved versions are very good.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had tremndous luck w/ the Talon's on deer & bear.They inflict a massive amount of trauma to the tissue. I have never seen anything bleed like something hit by a Talon.

Quick Reply: crimson talons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.