Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

FOB vs. VANES

Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FOB vs. VANES

I am going tomorrow and buying the Rip Cord with containment and ordering 2 doz FOB's from Paul.
Man I hate change....But I guess its time....
Old 02-01-2008, 03:47 PM

I shoot blazers and have used them for a while now. Those FOBs are looking pretty good now that I have heard a little bit about them from people that have accually used them. Thanks for the replys
Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did go with the TR DropZone and tried one all I can say is wow,I have some arrows waiting to be FOBed,in 25yrs of bow hunting I never thought I would be shooting arrows without fletching...But Iam sold..I also noticed a speed increase over my 4" vains and have some resaults on another forum witch when I get my FOBs I will add my findings on FPS....
Old 02-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't understand the "better broadhead grouping" statement. I can stack several broadhead models with Blazers, FOBs cannot improve that but could be the same.

I'm glad they don't make them for ACC's. And I don't understand the "no more fletching arrows for me" statement either because I really enjoy fletching arrows, it relaxes me.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:40 AM

So they don't offer them for small diameter shafts like the Axis and A/C/C?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

they have a somewhat arrow chart on there web site starrflight.com.Paul is doing alot of work with arrows and size he also is comming up with some FOB's for speed shooters....i.e smaller arrows...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 PM

I think they do have FOBs for smaller diameter arrows like easton slim techs. Don't quote on that but I think I saw some on StarrFlight.com
Old 02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I don't understand the "better broadhead grouping" statement. I can stack several broadhead models with Blazers, FOBs cannot improve that but could be the same.

I'm glad they don't make them for ACC's. And I don't understand the "no more fletching arrows for me" statement either because I really enjoy fletching arrows, it relaxes me.
Whether it be vanes, feathers, Blazers. or FOBs all that matters is that your confident in your shot..
All I know is when I compared them to Blazers @ 60 yards my groups were tighter and less effected by a crosswind...So in the end I had more confidence with FOBs.. God knows I wish I had the time and money to spend on fletching equipment so I could do it myself or run to the proshop everytime I needed an arrow refletched... I know the FOB isnt't for everyone but it gets the job done for me..I even shot my first ever 300 with em the other night @ league

ORIGINAL: Huntin Junkie

I think they do have FOBs for smaller diameter arrows like easton slim techs. Don't quote on that but I think I saw some on StarrFlight.com
Yesthey do make em for the skinner shafts like the Axis..