Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

High Country

Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 PM

Default High Country

Has anyone tried the High Country Speed Force bow at all.I'm going to buy another bow before my wife catches on (easier to say sorry than may I) and have been looking at the X Force TS but I've read some threads which would indicate the the PSE cams may not be as tune friendlyas some would like so I've taken some interest in the Speed Force bow with their newest binary cam setup,any comments would be welcome.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:54 PM

Default RE: High Country

no i havent shot on but went to the a bow shop and looked at one and the guy talked highly of it. its a new looking bow
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM

Have not shot one but I thank it is the best looking bow made this year. They say they are afast shooting bow.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:48 AM

i haven't shot the hc, but my buddy has the 07 x force, we didn't have any issues paper tuning it. i thought it shot really well. only negative i would say about it, is the tuff draw cycle...but we got used to it after a short while. i really like that bow. i plan on buying a new bow in the next three months, my choices are down to : x force, elite gto, martin pro series fire cat, bowtech 82nd and the high country. i plan on shooting all of them to make a decision. but over all paper specs... i'm leaning toward martin and elite. low weight, high speed, short ata and good brace height. hope this was helpful
Old 01-24-2008, 01:43 PM

Of the the 2 you've mention as your final pair wvsportsman -- the Elite is the finer built bow if that makes a difference.I have an Elite Envy which I bought a couple of weeks ago -- super fast, very forgiving and beautifully made,you would never regret buyingan Elite bowespecially their GTO.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 PM

pilot... still waiting for the local pro shops to get them. the gto is about 150 & 200 $ more than the martin. i'm going to shoot both and maybe post a review on here. i was told the gto will be in the next few weeks and the martin in march. have you shot the martin and the gto? i notice you said it's better made and nicer on the eye. just wondering what you thought of them ,if you shot both of them. thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 03:40 PM

I shotthe new High Countrytoday I thought it vibrated but it was very fast.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:56 PM

i shot all the new high country bows at the ata show this month and i think they are really nice. the bows i shot had nothing on them except hca's simplicity rest and noise and vibration wasn't bad.they felt really good in my hand and they are smokin fast! i dont think you could go wrong with one!