Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

High Country

Old 02-04-2008, 04:40 PM

Default High Country

Any opinions on High Country compound bows?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: High Country

i like my carbon triple s high country!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:30 AM

IRON AND SPEED FORCE SEEM TO BE HIGH QUALITY BOWS. I REALLY LIKE THERE ARROW DESIGN
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM

Owned three over the years. The shot good and I killed a few bucks with them. But they were on the noisey side...Change to Mathews Switchback the best bow I have ever owned...
[align=left] [/align]
Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Iron Mace... love it.

When you can shoot 60#s at 29.5" and get 282 fps out of a 454gr arrow.... while having 7 3/8" brace height...and almost 80% let-off.... this with a bow that has barnsdale limbs, winners choice strings, a machined aluminum riser, roller guard... and a warrenty to 3gr/#.... what isn't to love!

Seriously all marketing hype aside I have been nothing but pleased and impressed with mine. I've shot all the 2007 bows... and am starting to shoot a few 2008s.... and perhaps I am biased... but there is nothing on the market that I have seen, read about, shot or heard about that would make me give it up anytime soon.

Even doing what I do in the outdoors industry where I can get my hands on a lot of things pretty cheap... I only buy a new bow every 4-5 years. When I am totally happy with what I have, and am shooting it well, and it hasn't been completely blown away by newer technologies.... no reason to switch!