Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High Country getting 350 FPS? >

High Country getting 350 FPS?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Country getting 350 FPS?

Old 06-28-2004, 08:55 PM

Default High Country getting 350 FPS?

Lately in all the big hunting magazines high country has had ads out for its bows with the Pef-X cam and speed pro arrows that supposedly achieve 350+FPS? is this true? are they any good?

slayer
Old 06-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: High Country getting 350 FPS?

Yes it is probably true but the speed pro arrows are only 5gr per inch not 5gr per pound.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

I Thought that was the speed at which the limbs went through the chrono.. not the arrows???
Old 06-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

If you ask a HCA shooter why they did that they simply tell you their bows are that much stronger and if for some reason it does explode they replace it, no questions asked!

I say, what about your face!????
Old 06-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah but they achieve these speeds by using a dangerously light weight arrow. A bowtec or mathews would shoot just as fast or faster with that light of an arrow. Here is my impression of what will eventually happen to the people who keep shooting HCA bows with arrows that light.

EMT: "Knights ambulance to Mercy General ER.. do you read?"

ER Nurse: "We read you knights"

EMT: "We are in route to your facility with a 33 year old white male who has what appears to be an idler wheel from a compound bow lodged in his left nostril. Subjects vital signs are as follows, heart rate 133, blood pressure 200 over 110, respirations 34 per minute. Subject appears dazed, has a blank expressionless stare and keeps mumbling the word BOOM every 30 seconds. Subject also seems to have lost all control over his bowels and bladder as well. ETA to your facility 5 minutes."

ER Nurse: "10-4 Knights. Jesus, not another HCA speed freak. Thats the third one this week."
Old 06-29-2004, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

Yeah but they achieve these speeds by using a dangerously light weight arrow. A bowtec or mathews would shoot just as fast or faster with that light of an arrow. Here is my impression of what will eventually happen to the people who keep shooting HCA bows with arrows that light.

EMT: "Knights ambulance to Mercy General ER.. do you read?"

ER Nurse: "We read you knights"

EMT: "We are in route to your facility with a 33 year old white male who has what appears to be an idler wheel from a compound bow lodged in his left nostril. Subjects vital signs are as follows, heart rate 133, blood pressure 200 over 110, respirations 34 per minute. Subject appears dazed, has a blank expressionless stare and keeps mumbling the word BOOM every 30 seconds. Subject also seems to have lost all control over his bowels and bladder as well. ETA to your facility 5 minutes."

ER Nurse: "10-4 Knights. Jesus, not another HCA speed freak. Thats the third one this week."
LMAO... Brilliant!

The guys who shoot them seem to love them, but I've no faith in HCA's carbon risers, or split limb system. If I was going to try that stunt, I'd buy a Newberry (they are warrantied for those arrows), as they seem to be built tighter and more stout.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

you are right those light arrows are the reason they get their 350 speed but i can tell you for a fact that i have a carbon 4 runner extreme and just bought a new bowtech mighty mite and can shoot the same carbon express 300 through them both and the high country smokes the mighty mite but the mighty mite is smoother and has less vibration and that is with the same draw length and the same poundage. so high countrys are pretty fast with out those light arrows.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:50 AM

that i have a carbon 4 runner extreme and just bought a new bowtech mighty mite and can shoot the same carbon express 300 through them both and the high country smokes the mighty mite
What do the arrows weigh?

What speeds are you getting out of both bows?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

not sure about the arrow weight but the speeds is mighty mite 250 to 255 and the high country 278 but i do like shooting the bowtech better because of the smoothness.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to a guy who went to a big expo event where HCA had a booth demonstrating this amazing new high speed bow. Mathews also had a booth there as well and just to prove a point one of the Mathews reps took one of those extremely light arrows and fired it from a Mathews Black Max through a chronograph. It fired that arrow just as fast. Thus proving, it ain't the bow it's the dangerously light arrow. Oh, and I also happen to know that HCA had one of their demo bows blow up at an expo while firing those featherweight arrows.

Lesson? Stick to at least 5 grains per pound of draw weight (preferably a little more) or risk seeing me (an ER nurse) standing over you with that "I told you so you dumbass" look on my face.

Quick Reply: High Country getting 350 FPS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.