Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ultimate camo

Old 01-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ultimate camo

I too am excited about this Camo, and own a complete set.After talking to Andy via PM and Email,I can say to people like Bigbulls, that when Andy asks you a question, it's not an attempt to discredit you. He truly wants another hunters insight! It gets his wheels churning.

This pattern is his starting point. It sounds as though, as thing progress, he would like to address more terrain specific patterns. But he had to start with the product that would be used by the higher number of individuals. This product fits the way MOST of us hunt, in conditions and terrains that MOST of us see. This product will work in The Midwest, The North, The South and the East. Yes, the Western Hunter may have to be morechoosey on when he can wear Original UC.

Like Germ and probably many others. I own many sets of Camo from many companies (camo junky lol).From mainstream RT and MO in various patterns and colors to ASAT, Field and Stream, Gamehide, Leafy wear..evenlesser knowncompanies such as God's Country, just to name a few.

If you think about it will any of these do a better job in disguising you from the front, and in the case of being "caught" from the side (such as if you were out on the end of your stand). I believe the 3d aspect would be confusing enough to the depth perception of your quarry, that the pattern would allow you to blend into the back-ground trees.

As someone who hunts 75% of the time on public land, I've tried to wear the pattern that would best blend in with my intended spot. Many times I get there and someone else has ruined my plans. Then when I adjust on the fly, I find the pattern I choose that day does not "fit" the new situation. I believe that UC will allow me to be more flexible and blend in, in nearly every situation, planned or otherwise..kinda like... forget the pattern, "Just Hunt"

Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thnx Germ and GR8, and fair enough bigbulls.GR8 is correct, I meant no disrespect, I only asked what camo would work better so we could make some kind of visual analysis. Being as you dont like the 2 patterns you sell, the second question is irrelevant. Its all about how you set up your stand, use camo to your advantage, you wouldnt use a green pattern in a stand when no leaves are up, but you can use our pattern in any season, leaves onlyenhance our pattern.I will say Predator and ASAT make some cool stuff and worked well in some of the side view pictures especially. Ive spent the last 3 years in the field, taking over 5,000 pictures of my camo and of just about every camo pattern out there in every season for comparison pictures and to study, from far, close, shade, sunlight, side views, front views, ground, tree stands, ......probably more than just about anyone on the planet. I have a dedicatedHP ProliantDL385 server with four 36gb drives to store all the pictures on.Most of you would cringe athow"some" of the patterns actually look in tree stands from the frontal 120 deg view which is where "most" deer I shoot are.Here are some pics with more of a side view for you bigbulls.I have thousands, but have to go thru them all and find side view shots just for you : )My pictures dont lie, any deer walking by those hunters below would be going on the grill. C'mon bigbulls, get out there and take some front and side view pictures for us, its actually alot fun seeing hunters in different patternsfrom a deers perspective, the hard part is getting willing subjects to stand out there for hours, changing clothes, climbing back up etc...

Old 01-21-2008, 10:14 AM

diesel77 do you plan on attending any shows in Ohio to displaythe Ultimate Camo line?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Grandviewer

diesel77 do you plan on attending any shows in Ohio to displaythe Ultimate Camo line?
Not this year, next year we will be at a few Ohio shows. However, Im not sure but GR8 may be attendingsome Ohioshows this yearand will be wearing some of the clothes around for us.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

ORIGINAL: Grandviewer

Not this year, next year we will be at a few Ohio shows. However, Im not sure but GR8 may be attendingsome Ohioshows this yearand will be wearing some of the clothes around for us.
Thanks--- I was referring to the Ohio deer and turkey show in Columbus on March 14 thru the 16 to get a good look at it and buy some at the booth if you all where coming.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow Andy, great looking photos.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Spike

Probably the wrong forum to say this, but put me on the ground with my back to the base of a tree, and there won't be a safe turkey out there. Great pics. I really like the one on the previous pagewhere the sun is shining on the subject and the tree.The camojust blends in so well. Ialways try to stay out of the sun when setting up on a turkey but sometimesyou just can't. Turkeys will bust you in a heartbeatwith so much better vision than deer.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:25 AM
Spike

Let me tell ya'll a story. I had questions about this gear. It took them a week to answer each of my emails. They will not answer their phone. Their message is less than professional. These people do not know how to run a business. I ordered the gear anyway and it is great stuff for the money. The fleece jacket is worth the money. I have a small problem about the shirt. It is a different run of material and is definitely more brown than the rest of the gear. I emailed them about it and have received no response for over 2 weeks. I offered my assistance in coordinating customer responses due to their lack of understanding, or unwillingness, to deal with customer relations. Maybe that was insulting but, having run my own retail operation, I know that "word of mouth" advertising is the best there is. Just because you have a website doesn't make you a business. I have yet to hear from them and I wonder, if I had a real problem with my order, would I just be stuck with it?
Bottom line, the gear is really good stuff but, with their lack of response, I would be leery to deal with them until they get their act together.