Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ultimate camo

Old 01-18-2008, 04:01 AM
Spike

Default ultimate camo

Has anyone seen or purchased this camo yet?

http://www.ultimatecamo.com/store/shop/
Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ultimate camo

Only seen it in threads like this. It looks just great, but what if you aren't hunting next to a tree? Would it blend in as well in an aspen thicket? How about open prarie?
Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Spike

For me, I would mostly be interested in themfor Spring Globbler. I live in central PA and most of my setups are against a hardwood tree. As for archery hunting out of a treestand, I'm not so surethey would work so well. I was wondering if they might havethat blob affect if a deer was approaching from the side and not coming straight at you. As for on the ground, I thought they might blend in rather well in the hardwoods that is. Just wonderingif anyonehas actually seenor purchased these.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
JMH

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Only seen it in threads like this. It looks just great, but what if you aren't hunting next to a tree? Would it blend in as well in an aspen thicket? How about open prarie?
I agree that if you are in a tree stand on a large live oak tree it would be great, anywhere else it would be just so so.

Ofcourse hunting in south texas i have the problem of 1 camo company catering to our needs (Bushlan)
http://www.bushlancamo.com/
Old 01-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Bartender

I gotta believe it would be great in brush also.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

You may just look like adead tree that's been broke off around six foot if you were standing out in the open...
Old 01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like an updated version of the old Treebark pattern. Probably great for turkey hunting.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I first saw this camo I was very intriqued. The more I see it the more I am very impressed. I went ahead and ordered some and it came promptly. I am still very impressed with it. I really look forward to using it this spring turkey season. It's very impressive in it's field shots with no staged photos. I honestly think a turkey or deer could pretty much stick their nose on you if you don't move and eliminate your scent. (Like the Geico Lizard, that's a complete dramatization of course but I think you get my point).

Very impressive and you'll be supporting one of HNI's own plus a sponsor here.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

I ordered a set and i love it. Really excited about spring gobbler season with it. Like others have said, i'm not sure how well it will work out in the open but i know you really disappear when against a variety of tree's.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Spike

Rob, How was the quality and the sizingof the outfit? I am thinking about ordering some also but I didn't know whether to wait and see what other materials they are coming out with. They said on there website "in the future wewill be offering other fabric choices including new high tech fabric options". I would like to see it done in buckskin or wolfskin. I think I will contact them to see when the new fabric will be available.

Quick Reply: ultimate camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.