Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ultimate camo

Old 01-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ultimate camo

i think in the next year i will end up ordering some
it looks great!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Bartender

LOL with a big trunk.
ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

You may just look like adead tree that's been broke off around six foot if you were standing out in the open...
Old 01-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Silver Fox

Rob, How was the quality and the sizingof the outfit? I am thinking about ordering some also but I didn't know whether to wait and see what other materials they are coming out with. They said on there website "in the future wewill be offering other fabric choices including new high tech fabric options". I would like to see it done in buckskin or wolfskin. I think I will contact them to see when the new fabric will be available.
Quality is exceptional. I was actually surprisingly impressed, very impressed. The stitching is of high quality etc.

I wear a 32 inch waist, I ordered the medium pants. They fit perfect in my waist, they are a little long as I'm not that long legged at 5'10, probably a 34" inseam on the pants, not an issue of course.

I wear anything from a L to an XL shirt and in the button up shirt I actually returned the XL for a L and they had no problem doing that. The XL which fit my shoulders, was big in the waist line. Seems the clothing is for the big and tall and I'm more of a "fit" guy. The large fit perfectly. I like the face mask and gloves and in the Jacket I did get the XL and it's perfect. I also received a hat, good quality.

I'd be anxious to see other materials as well. Especially Wolfskin or an equivelant.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Spike

Thanks for the info Rob and Fatsbucknut. I am glad to hear such good reviews. I was going to wait for the Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg and check them out there but I think I'm going to order them now just in case I wouldn't make it there in Feb. I want to make sure I get to try them out this spring. I do very well in spring globbler season every yearbut that'snot to say I don't get busted. I think this camo will give me that one moreextra advantage. We'll find out.

I emailed UltimateCamo and they said they are going to be adding fleece to their line-up and alsoin the future will be offering other fabric choices including new high tech fabric options includinga breathable waterproofing treatment embedded in the material. Also cold weather gear.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I emailed UltimateCamo and they said they are going to be adding fleece to their line-up and also in the future will be offering other fabric choices including new high tech fabric options including a breathable waterproofing treatment embedded in the material. Also cold weather gear.
That in itself is exciting and I look forward to meeting Andy in Harrisburg for the first time.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Silver Fox

Thanks for the info Rob and Fatsbucknut. I am glad to hear such good reviews. I was going to wait for the Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg and check them out there but I think I'm going to order them now just in case I wouldn't make it there in Feb. I want to make sure I get to try them out this spring. I do very well in spring globbler season every yearbut that'snot to say I don't get busted. I think this camo will give me that one moreextra advantage. We'll find out.

I emailed UltimateCamo and they said they are going to be adding fleece to their line-up and alsoin the future will be offering other fabric choices including new high tech fabric options includinga breathable waterproofing treatment embedded in the material. Also cold weather gear.
If you can, try and make it to the show as you will save on shipping and Im going to be offering HNI members and additional discounton top ofthe show specials. I really wish I could get the shipping costs down but its a pretty standard cost from UPS, FedX, USPS etc. That could save you some good money. I'll make a moreformal post about the HNI discount in another week or so. If you cant make the show I'll still hook you up with a HNI show discount but I will have to give you a discount code before you order.

Andy
Old 01-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a real hard time jumping on this ultimate camo "band wagon". IMO ultimate is definetly the wrong name cause it sure as heck isn't going to work anywhere.I can only see it being effective in very limited situations.

Honestly, unless you are sitting tight against a very largeoak or pine and the animal comes in exactly so you are in line with the tree you will just stick out like a sore thumb.

What about Western hunting? Sure it will work if you only hunt in dark timber but what happens if you near an alpine meadow or aspen thicket orjuniper thicket?

What about treestand hunting where you will be sky lined? You are going to look like a big-ole dark human standing there.

What about spot and stalk out in the open or even in thick woods? You cartainly aren't going to blend in when you are trying to slip through the woods.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I have a real hard time jumping on this ultimate camo "band wagon". IMO ultimate is definetly the wrong name cause it sure as heck isn't going to work anywhere.I can only see it being effective in very limited situations.

Honestly, unless you are sitting tight against a very largeoak or pine and the animal comes in exactly so you are in line with the tree you will just stick out like a sore thumb.

What about Western hunting? Sure it will work if you only hunt in dark timber but what happens if you near an alpine meadow or aspen thicket orjuniper thicket?

What about treestand hunting where you will be sky lined? You are going to look like a big-ole dark human standing there.

What about spot and stalk out in the open or even in thick woods? You cartainly aren't going to blend in when you are trying to slip through the woods.
Bigbulls, sorry you dont like the pattern or the company name, I respect your opinons and views as its impossible to make everyone happy. If you dont mind, I have2 question I would love for you to answer honestly.
1) What pattern in your opinion would work better in the pictures below,basically if you could just swap clothes on the hunter?
2) What camo do you sell at the Pro Shop you work at?

This patternwas designed for hunting hardwoods, not for spot and stalk out West. As for the front and side view debate, unfortunately, you cant have the best of both worlds from a straight on view and from a side view. Deer are unpredictable, but I think most people set up their stand hoping deer will approach from the front or at least pass by from the front, as its easier to see them coming, your dont have to move as much to look around behind the tree, gives your more timeto prepare fora better shot opportunity, and usually we face the wind. And even from the side it still woks just fine, it looks like a tree trunk, not like a bush atatched to the side of a tree trunk 25 feet up.From behind, it doesnt really matter as the deer cant see what your wearing.Doyou have anyfield pics of your best hardwoods tree stand camo from a frontal or straight on position just for comparison pictures, in a tree stand, with no foliage,as thats as real as it gets, no hiding or faking anything.Should be easy for you todo this time of year in case you dont have any.Unfortunately you havent had a chance to actually see it in the woods or in person to make any real analysis or review of the pattern, and neither did all the deer I shot this year . Ive had great success with deer encounters as have many others as you can see in the "Success Shots" on the web site. Thanks for youropinion thoughbigbulls.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

1) What pattern in your opinion would work better in the pictures below,basically if you could just swap clothes on the hunter?
Like I said above. In those pics you are taking them from directly in line with the tree. That's the one place it will do well from what I can see.
2) What camo do you sell at the Pro Shop you work at?
We sell RT and MO but IMO those aren't any better either. I have been trying to get ASAT and/ or predator fall gray and brownin our store for three years now but the owner won't bite because they do not market their product like RT and MO does. IMO these two patterns are the two best on the market right now (yes I have seen allof the enigma pics)because they break up the outline better than any other I have seen with ASAT being the "ultimate" camo IMO.

I wish you wellwith this butthe tree bark pattern is a very limiting pattern IMO.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bigbull

I own all of the above camos you mention

ASAT
Predator
Engima 1 & 2
UltimateCamo

There is no one size fits all. I go by setup, and I am hunting big woods without a doubt I am taking UltimateCamo these days,

I have hunted in
Walnut
Maple
Red Oak

If I have a big sold tree trunk behind I want to blend in as much as poosible. If I do not I want to be as open as possible.

You can never have too much camo
Good luck

Quick Reply: ultimate camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.