Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Diamond\Bowtech advertised IBO speeds. >

Diamond\Bowtech advertised IBO speeds.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Diamond\Bowtech advertised IBO speeds.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diamond\Bowtech advertised IBO speeds.

Im not bashing but have a question. I've pretty much narrowed down the fact the my next bow will be a Black Ice or an Allegiance.(Maybe a Marquis).

I have read enough to understandhow they get an IBO speed. I not asking how they come with that number.

The question is- why do they advertise thier IBO speeds higher then what it says on the birth certs. I.. E... I looked at a Black Ice with is advertised around 310-317fps and only has 299 or 298on the birth cert. I also looked at the Allegiance and it is advertised(speed mod) around 327-335fps and the ones I looked at only had 311 on the birth cert. Same thing with the Marquis. 309 on birth cert and it advertised around 317+. I was just wondering why they advertise the bows higher then what they are, yet put the lower speed on the birth cert.

Do they use different tests for the advertised IBO and what is on the birth certs?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Diamond\Bowtech advertised IBO speeds.

I thought it had to do with draw length and the string silencers.

I just got a commander and verified the velocity on the tag. I like you, wondered why my07 commander said 299fps IBO speed.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Usually it's because the bow they tested was at a 29" draw length, or sometimes different if it was ordered differently by the dealer. For those tested at 29" (as my Diamond Marquis was), you could add back on 10 fps and it should fall within the advertised range. If it doesn't, it shouldn't have been let out the door.

I've yet to see one that didn't.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

The birth certificate is not the IBO speed.It is the speed obtained as the bow is shipped to you. They areusually shipped at 29 inches so that's a 10fps lossright there and then they have the string silencers and eleminator buttons on the string. And IBO speed is with only a single brass nock on the string. No string silencers or eleminator buttons. Any weight added to the string lowers the speed.

I agree with Greg. I have yet to receive a Diamond or Bowtech that wouldn't reach the advertised speed range.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 28", speed mod,60# Allegiance is shooting a 340grain arrow 301 fps. You won't have to worry about getting excellent speed with your Bowtech/Diamond Bow

Dan