Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Rage: are they worth the hype? >

Rage: are they worth the hype?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage: are they worth the hype?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rage: are they worth the hype?

Hey Ratus know your facts, I am NOT, I repeat NOT a Field Logic employee. I don't think you see me putting down Rockets like some people seem to do on the Rages even though they have never shot them and even know how they work.

If you like shooting something else, fine, say so and leave it at that,and leave the bashing of products alone if you have no idea what you are talking about.

I love the Rage 2 blade and I believe it is the best head out there but I don't go around putting down other heads. Ihave seen what these headsdo personally and all the posts of the tremendous success people are having with them so "To each their own".
Old 10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

I wanted to mention

Even if I was employee haveI stated any untruths about the head or bashedany ofthe other broadheads and tell people they arejunk and not to shoot anything but the Rage. NO!

In 26 years of bowhunting these are the BEST heads I have ever shot, period. I want people to know about them and what they can do.

Idon't believe I have ever gone into a ST, Muzzy, NAP, Rocket, G5 or any other BH thread and put down that particular head and told people to shoot Rage. End of story.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just to throw another head in I have used the 100gr Shockwave since they came out. I have taken several deer with them and I mean several I have never lost a deer nor had to track one over about 80 yds most are down within 30 yds they are also less expensive then the rage. I usually find mine at Walmart or on ebay where you can get a pretty good deal. I have heard good things about the Rage but they are costly
Old 10-19-2007, 07:30 AM

You've never bashed any competitive products?!? HA! That's what you're known for most on this forum, it seems that's all your post are is bashing unless its defending Field Logic

Here's your last one about Morrell's Yellowjacket target

How does it hold up so well when part of the target is a cardboard box inside of it. It is scrap foam that they get and wrap with a flimsy plastic wrap. First shot out of a 260fps and my BH was sticking out the back. It lasted me one day
Don't say that was just your experience or that its the truth because you're the ONLY one to ever have had this experience, smacks of bashing (or lying)to me! Even the preacher on here called you on that! []

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: annika3

I blew through my Yellow jacket on the first shot right to the fletching and I'm only shooting about 260fps
[/blockquote]

If you hit it in the middle you didn't. I shoot over 400 grains hunting arrows, with speeds in excess of 300 FPS, and the only time i've ever done that was on an older one that had the center shot out of it.. not calling you a lair, just hard to believe.
It's a simple matter of checking your post history to see this is true, why did you edit out your name when I told everyone they could call Field Logic and ask for Chad Stoll and get you? Since your not a Field Logic employee and all [:'(]

Old 10-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

about the amount of deer we shot i started really thinking about it and between the 7 family memebers shooting these heads (my dad uses spitfires,they open over the top too) we each shoot at least 3 deer a year and most of thee time at least three of us shoot 5-7 deer a year depending on how much hunting we get to do in NJ. so 7x3=21deer a year at least x 10years (i know at least ten years weve been using them maybe more) thats 210deer but i didnt want to sound ridiculus and i cant be sure that number so over 100 is a def number. also i think i have a right to passon what ive seen with these heads ive read lots of post on them cause i was interested too when i heard there were "so much better" then anything else. but the post ive read and there has been alot id say 50% love them 50%hate them and at least 75% have had some problem with the heads. the other reason i like to letpeople know what ive found is that they cost so much and all they hear about them is the advertisement claims and all the guys on tvusing them.no doubt theyll kill deer but thats not saying much (a field tip in the lungs would kill a deer) the holes are not impressive when you consider other brands have had the same and bigger holes for years.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

rocket mechs esp steelhead best head out there period.
I beg to differ!!! I was also a huge Rocket fan as well with their 100 gr Hammerheads and steelheads, but what I hate about the steelheads is the very short threaded shaft that screws into an arrow!! It only does about 2 1/2 turns before they bottom out compared the vast array of other heads out there. Of the two mentioned by Rocket, the Hammerheads fly WAY more accurately than the Steelheads!!

I just tried the Rage three bladed headsthis afternoon, and let me say this, they fly better than the Hammerheads!! I just got back from Gander Mountain and picked up two packs of the Rage three bladed heads. My cousin has been using these for the last year now and was trying his best to get me to switch, well I tried his Rage practice 3-bladed headand proceeded to nail the bullseye both at 20 and 30 yards!! They DO fly awesome, and he had two complete pass throughs last season while using them.I'm a Rage convert now!! Seeing and trying them first hand, was a real eye opener!!! The Rocket Hammerheads are still a dandy head, but the Rage 3-blade is much more accurate, at least out of my bow!!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny how a new spin on advertising ca revive a product. 10 years ago as the "Snyper" they were a hit for the first season or two and then they faded away.... now here they are.... AGAIN,.... as the "Rage". I'm willing to predict that in a couple more seasons they'll move on and fade away.... again.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Nothin wrong with the snyper though...prefer the Gatorxp myself..but folks always want the latest and greatest.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

I used the Rage 2 Blades this season for the first time and all I can say is....AWESOME!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Funny how a new spin on advertising ca revive a product. 10 years ago as the "Snyper" they were a hit for the first season or two and then they faded away.... now here they are.... AGAIN,.... as the "Rage". I'm willing to predict that in a couple more seasons they'll move on and fade away.... again.
I tried the Snypers last year, and I hate them!! They are way different than the Rage heads, anf too dam flimsy in my book. Also, the Snyper's blades are held together by a small rubber band that seems to come off at will, and worst, up in your treestand!! I'll neve use those heads ever again just for that very reason alone.

The Ragedesign doesn't use any rubber bands at all, eliminating that problem altogether. You can shake them around and the blades won't come loose. Very well made and designed over the Snypers!! They are completely different styled heads. The three bladed Rage head is the one I'm referring to, and it does fly like a dart!! Awesome head for the money!!

Quick Reply: Rage: are they worth the hype?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.