HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage: are they worth the hype?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 05:06 PM
maytom
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage: are they worth the hype?

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

rocket mechs esp steelhead best head out there period.
I beg to differ!!! I was also a huge Rocket fan as well with their 100 gr Hammerheads and steelheads, but what I hate about the steelheads is the very short threaded shaft that screws into an arrow!! It only does about 2 1/2 turns before they bottom out compared the vast array of other heads out there. Of the two mentioned by Rocket, the Hammerheads fly WAY more accurately than the Steelheads!!

I just tried the Rage three bladed headsthis afternoon, and let me say this, they fly better than the Hammerheads!! I just got back from Gander Mountain and picked up two packs of the Rage three bladed heads. My cousin has been using these for the last year now and was trying his best to get me to switch, well I tried his Rage practice 3-bladed headand proceeded to nail the bullseye both at 20 and 30 yards!! They DO fly awesome, and he had two complete pass throughs last season while using them.I'm a Rage convert now!! Seeing and trying them first hand, was a real eye opener!!! The Rocket Hammerheads are still a dandy head, but the Rage 3-blade is much more accurate, at least out of my bow!!