Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Basic Stripped Bow for Backup? >

Basic Stripped Bow for Backup?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Basic Stripped Bow for Backup?

Old 09-24-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Basic Stripped Bow for Backup?

I've got an extra quiver, sight, stablizer, and rest.....stuff left over from when I upgraded my Martin or Fred Bear to a better piece of equipment. I wanted to buy a low end, but good, bow I could put these on so I would have a backup instead of having it sit idle or eBaying it for a fraction of what it cost. Can anyone recommend something new in the price range of $125-$150 or below for a stripped bow? Or should I go on Ebay or someplace similar and buy something used and if so what would be a god canidate?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Basic Stripped Bow for Backup?

That's a very good idea andone I wish Icould do.A fully dressed backupbow set up and tuned would be worth it's weight in gold when miles in backcountry and something happens to main bow. About the only serious flaw I see in that plan is the fact that unless both bows are exactly same you will have to remember to shift to other bow's performance. Adding to this is the fact that we all shoot our main bow a lot more than we would our backup bow.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Basic Stripped Bow for Backup?

I think that your best bet would be ebay or one of the auction sites. For the price you are looking to spend you will get a much better deal then purchasing new.

I upgraded from my PSE this year to a new Hoyt. I was just about to sell the PSE when I decided to keep it for just that reason. I try to pull it out every few weeks just to shoot a few arrows through it but it is such a difference now that I hope I never have to use it.