Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Backup????

Old 08-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Backup????

Something that has confused me for the last couple of months is how many people talk about a backup bow. I just got a new bow this year and used my last for 8 seasons and never needed a backup. Why do so many feel they need a backup and spend several hundred dollars for a second bow? My first bow was purchased for $400.00 new and was a mid range PSE bow that fell out of the tree twice, was dropped a few times and had thousands of shots through it and I am letting my neighbor use it until he can afford a new rig.

So seriously, is a backup bow needed or is everyone that well off that they can buy multiple bows and justify it by needing backup?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Backup????

A lot of things can go wrong.... Mechanical failure, dropping it, string or cable damage, theft etc etc...

Is a few hundred dollars "insurance" in a back up bow worthknowing if something happens to your bow you can still hunt?

I say, you bet.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:23 AM

We live in a society where "needs" and "wants" seem to be one in the same for some people. I just bought a new Elite GTO. So now I have an 06 Tribute as a "backup" bow. Did I "need" a new bow? NO. Did I "want" one? Yes!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the guys that shoot backup bows have Bowtechs
Old 08-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can you picture bumping a string or cable with a broadhead? Your neighbor dry firing it? A cam, riser,limb cracking?
These things are machines, and they get used pretty hard under violent pressures and forces.

You've been lucky, as have most of us..........but get ready to head out the door and take a few practice shots only to have your one cable snap right before a hunt will have you wishing you could just reach back into the bow rack for bow #2.

It's a risk you take if you don't at least have SOME serviceable bow laying around that is ready to go. The slow fat kid on the end of the bench who doesn't hit very good ready to play at a moments notice!

I've never had a flat tire in my life on a road trip but you can bet your butt I have a good spare tire everytime I leave the house.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Ummm, I wasn't trying to take it down this pat but it's too late[:@]
Old 08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: racewayking

It was a joke....I actually shot a BT last night and was pretty impressed with the smoothness, but I am not in the market for a new bow yet.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a joke....I actually shot a BT last night and was pretty impressed with the smoothness, but I am not in the market for a new bow yet.
They do make some nice shooting bows, perhaps I'll get one for a backup.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

A lot of things can go wrong.... Mechanical failure, dropping it, string or cable damage, theft etc etc...

Is a few hundred dollars "insurance" in a back up bow worth itknowing if something happens to your bow you can still hunt?

I say, you bet.
Now that I think of it where was your backup at Coon Creek? Crik got away with robbery
Old 08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Is a few hundred dollars "insurance" in a back up bow worth itknowing if something happens to your bow you can still hunt?

I say, you bet.
Now that I think of it where was your backup at Coon Creek? Crik got away with robbery
Ouch... At home I did take two bows to the PA GTG though

Really, I don't take 3D all that serious. I don't have a back up 3D bow. I just have fun with it (3D).... Now hunting on the other hand [8D]

Quick Reply: Backup????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.