Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting a backup bow >

Getting a backup bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting a backup bow

Old 08-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Default Getting a backup bow

Fatherinlaw has offered his Matthews Q2XL to me for $200. He has shot it very little and has told me he would rather see me have it then sell it on Ebay. Its in near perfect condition and for what he wants to sell it to me, I just cannot turn it down. Heck, I have not even been trying to buy it. He just has been trying to get me to take it. I will have to order a cam for the correct draw length, but no big deal. He keeps telling me to use it on my elk hunt but no way am I relegating my Martin Cougar Magnum to backup! Besides my Martin is near tuned to my satisfaction and ready to go. Anyway the plan is to take it along in case its needed, then give it to my son who may be ready to start back shooting again.....at least I hope he will.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:34 PM

Default RE: Getting a backup bow

Sounds like a great plan. Either way, you can't go wrong.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

For a second there I thought I was going to have to stop talking to you but if you are going to give it to your son then that is a whole different story....

Old 08-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

What a steal, Coug! So when ya goin' after some elk, anyway? (You ought to hear my two-year-old son do an elk bugle! Instead of watching Barney videos and other stuff like that, he watches bowhunting DVDs; one of his favorite is Primos' Big Bulls 8. He's got it down pat!)