Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broadhead discussion

Old 08-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Spike

Default Broadhead discussion

I'm wondering if anyone shoots steelforce broadheads. I've been looking at them they seem to be made very solid, 100% steel they say. Also wondering if fixed blades are they way to go, some people tell me use mechanical broadheads but others say mechanical broadheads can fail where fixed broadheads cant. Just looking for some opinions not an argument.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead discussion

I used to use them. They are a very strong sharp broadhead but they leave very bad blodd trails.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM

go with the fixed blades, you will be much more impressed than mechanicals. just stick with the muzzy mx3, best blade out there as far as i'm concerned. but steer away from four blades
Old 08-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that a quality fixed blade is the way to go. Take the time to tune your bow with the proper arrows and stick with a quality fixed broadhead.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think thats what bullet hole shot his buck with today you may want to pm him and find out?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

go with the fixed blades, you will be much more impressed than mechanicals. just stick with the muzzy mx3, best blade out there as far as i'm concerned. but steer away from four blades
What makes a fixed head more impressive? And by the way Muzzy uses some of the thinnest blade material in their BH's (I guess this what makes them the best?)
Old 08-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Fork Horn

most people who dont like mechanicals have never used one. with any head dont buy cheap and do a lot of research from people who have actually used the head. everyone says mechnicals fail but almost everyone in my family shoots them and we havent had a failure in over 12 years (thats even back when my dad was using "puckets bloodtrailers") we've used rocket heads ,my dad uses spitfires, and i absolutely cant say enough about them.