Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

TrailCam Discussion

Old 10-13-2004, 09:04 AM

Default TrailCam Discussion

I have a moultie I got for 75 bucks and works pretty well. But Im thinking about a digital.

Seeing a lot of ads for CuddeBack, see some comments on Leaf River. And when I study these gems, I see some have a commercial camera that you can take out and use, others have the camera as a built in.

So....here goes the question...What do you have, why do you like it...and what dont you like. iven you were spending the money again...what would you buy today?
Old 10-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TrailCam Discussion

Wooddust I have a Cuddeback, but I'm not to sure that if I was doing it again that I might buy the Leafriver, the picture quality of both seems pretty comparable but the Leaf river's flash seems to range out a little farther and I think they cost just about the same.
I don't know about battery life with the Leafriver though, but I know that one set of 4 D-cell batteries on the Cuddeback will take about a thousand pics over a 2 month period.

IMO a digital is the only way to go if you are going to take very many pics.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:01 PM

Check out the Realtree Advantage forums....Jesse's hunting and outdoor's and also Cabela's for all the info.,..pics and reviews on the Leaf River digital.....I really like everything about mine......price....LCD screen......locking hardware.......been studying cams for 9 months now reading all the reviews I could find and kept coming back to the Leaf......easy to use with many nice features......Leaf has a solid reputation in the industry.....there are other good cams out there and I had a Cuddeback....but I realy like the Leaf digital......its hard to beat for the money !!!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:44 AM

the Leaf takes 4 D's and 3 C's....for a 2-month battery life.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:18 PM

Lately I have been making my own cameras - using sony 4.1 megapixel and a special controler board - camera can still be taken out and used separate - Also built a video camera setup for feeders and food plots - Need more info give me a ring - Can build one compareable to cuddle back for about $260.00

cdi3d