Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Site without a Peep

Old 09-10-2007, 06:58 PM

Default RE: Site without a Peep

Hey, How far are you from Wilkes Barre PA? Igraduated fromWilkes U. (One of the few)
I shoot great with my peep but I am looking for other options. I have astigmatism in my eyes and when I come to full draw it is tough to see out of the corner of my glasses.
Mabye I need bigger ones like Larry King.
[quote]ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

[quote]ORIGINAL: Stinky

I have trouble with my peep because of my glasses.[:@] Someday I want lazer surgery but I would have to sell a few guns to afford that... No thanks
ORIGINAL: Stinky

Ok, that's understandable. what type of trouble? I'm good friends with a guy who shoots indoor target and outdoor 3d with spectacles on, with a peep. He uses a Fletcher Tru peep with a 3/16 hole for anything outside, even hunting. Neither of us use tube peeps. What are you using, and what size hole? I'm just asking because personally I'd rather have a $5 peep instead of another $40 bracket or rear mounted site on my hunting bow. I'm just trying to help you out and save some cashStinky. I guess I don't understand how so many guys have peep problems. I've never had one in17 years of shooting a bow(all with a peep) and 40 some deer to my credit. Tell me your setup, maybe I can help.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a 47 y/o with bifocals and astigmatisms in both eyes. Plus, I close my left eye becasue I'mright handed and I'm left eye dominant. I can see well enough through mypeep to hit a deer at 30+ yards. I want to get rid of my peep because mine froze last year, maybe you need need new glasses. Tell your eye doctor your a hunter, mine helped me out and now he's got metrying bifocal contacts! I'll let you know how I shoot.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

I'm a 47 y/o with bifocals and astigmatisms in both eyes. Plus, I close my left eye becasue I'mright handed and I'm left eye dominant. I can see well enough through mypeep to hit a deer at 30+ yards. I want to get rid of my peep because mine froze last year, maybe you need need new glasses. Tell your eye doctor your a hunter, mine helped me out and now he's got metrying bifocal contacts! I'll let you know how I shoot.
The Timberline Archery No-Peep is a great peep elimination system for folks that have your problem (left eye dominant-Right handed). You can set the No-Peep up so it can be used right handed and focusing with your left eye. I personally love mine. Check it out at www.timberline-archery.com .

Hope this helps
Old 09-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

2 buddies of mine swear by the no peep. I was gonna buy one earlier this year, but I has other guys talk me out of one. I still haven't made the leap yet. So, I got a 1/4"hole peep yesterday. I'll probably stick with this set up through the season since it's so close, I don't want to start over tuning a bow.