Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

"THE TRUTH"

Old 08-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Spike

Default "THE TRUTH"

ANYONE SHOOTING THIS BOW BY BEAR. IF SO WHAT DO YALL THINK ABOUT IT?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Default RE: "THE TRUTH"

I have one and love, I think its the best bow on the market for its price. There's alot of good bows out there, find one that fits you the best and go with it.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great bow but IMHO the CODE shoots quite a bit better than the truth does.

AlthoughI much prefer the slim grip on the Truth over the Codes grip.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Got one, great bow but it has a slight problem. (I thought I was having a few problems with modules and draw stops but it all turned out to be me and the string and cables.) The cables and string aresimplycrap.Been waxing the thing like crazy and the servings are still falling apart. Where the arrow nocks, where the cam comes in contact with the cableand the draw stop are all wearing out very fast. The black serving material is showing lots of the underlying string underneathand the cable by the cam is getting so worn misshapened that I am alread worried that it has to be replaced. This is a 2-3 monthold bow. Don't know if its just that the serving material is junk or ifthe string and cables are stretching so much that the servingis being spread apart and exposing the cable and string.See how it looks after another 200 hundred arrows and may talk to my dealer about replacing with a WC or other quality rigging(see what he says, I'm justthinking about possible causes so far)to see if it ends thewearing problem. As far as shooting, the thing is accurate and feels good in your hand. Would give it two thumbs up for everythingexcept for the string problem. Would love to hear how everyone else's is doing. Take care all.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nyorange

Got one, great bow but it has a slight problem. (I thought I was having a few problems with modules and draw stops but it all turned out to be me and the string and cables.) The cables and string aresimplycrap.Been waxing the thing like crazy and the servings are still falling apart. Where the arrow nocks, where the cam comes in contact with the cableand the draw stop are all wearing out very fast. The black serving material is showing lots of the underlying string underneathand the cable by the cam is getting so worn misshapened that I am alread worried that it has to be replaced. This is a 2-3 monthold bow. Don't know if its just that the serving material is junk or ifthe string and cables are stretching so much that the servingis being spread apart and exposing the cable and string.See how it looks after another 200 hundred arrows and may talk to my dealer about replacing with a WC or other quality rigging(see what he says, I'm justthinking about possible causes so far)to see if it ends thewearing problem. As far as shooting, the thing is accurate and feels good in your hand. Would give it two thumbs up for everythingexcept for the string problem. Would love to hear how everyone else's is doing. Take care all.
I just put two bow jacks on my cables. While doing this, I think I noticed the same thing with my instinct. All of a sudden, I notice my draw is rough for a second,just before I come to full draw. It seems to be coming from the bottom cam. Is it normal for a the draw to get rough as the serving wears. I
Old 08-12-2007, 06:13 PM

i used to have a g2 couldn't keep the peep straight..... great bow but junk strings go get custom strings.........vaportrail, bucknasty's. w.c., wolfen's just to name a few you will not have this problem......
Old 08-19-2007, 08:16 PM

I am new to archery and will hopefull have my first hunt this fall. I have a Fred Bear Truth, which is essentially my first bow.

I have to say I agree with the comments so far. It shoots great. It is accurate, consistent, smooth, quiet. But it is hard on strings. I got the bow in March and have shot it only at indoor ranges at Bass Pro and Gander. The serving at the module wore completely through after about 1000 shots. The rest of the string looked brand new - no fraying at all. Fred Bear replaced the string and cablefor free under warranty, which I did not exepct them to do because strings and cables are specifically disclaimed in the warranty.

They sent a new stock string and cable to my Bass pro so they could inspect the cam. They thought it might be misaligned or have a burr. But the cam looked fine so they put on the new string and cable. I've only shot about 200-300 shots on the new strings and already the serving at the module looks like it's more than half way through its life. It's separated and flattened and the coils slide up and down. The serving at the nock looks fine.

I actually think its not that the strings are bad, but that the module is harsh. I've looked at modules on other bows and they look like they have a larger radius at the break. I imagine this means they will have a longer valley than the Truth, but can still have a solid back wall. One thing I immediately noticed about the Truth was that it had a much shorter valley than a BearInstinct I had been using previously.

I don't know if this is true, but a tech at Gander told me that the stock string is a Zebra. I would love to know if other Truth owners get much better results with a different string. I cant afford tobe replacing the string and cable every 1000 shots. If you've tried a better/custom string on the Truth please let us know how it holds up compared to the stock string.

Mike
Old 08-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Spike

I have the same issues with my Instinct. I love the bow, but is is abusive on the cable and serving. Bear is sending all new parts to my local shop along with new cable and string. No complaints about the Customer Service.

Mack 34
Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have the truth also,I have had some of the same issues with the serving,bear put all new serving material on there strings after they realized it was an Issue with the bow,I had some other difficulties with it to,I had a bad string noise problem the nocking point on this bow is pretty critical mine was off alittle and I had bad string noise,this is my 2nd. bow my first one the camo started peeling off.I have had no more string issues OH one more pointer if your serving is coming unraveled at your module if it is getting pinched take a dremel tool and polish the module and reserve your string with some #2 inserving and it should take care of the serving issue,as far as it being a nice bow it is a shooter,it's quiet,fast,smooth,and accurate its as smooth as any bow on the market except for the guardian it is the smoothest bow that I have ever shot and the quietest