Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I want the truth,I can handle the truth, so tell me ! >

I want the truth,I can handle the truth, so tell me !

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I want the truth,I can handle the truth, so tell me !

Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM

Default I want the truth,I can handle the truth, so tell me !

I have a deer hunt booked near Lexington Ms for mid Dec. (primitative season) are ther any decent deer in the area ? I don't expect a booner but a nice 120 to 140 would be good is that beyond the relm of expectations ? or am I kidding myself ? I'm having second thoughts but have already laid my money down.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: I want the truth,I can handle the truth, so tell me !

Are you using an outfitter or hunting public land...
Old 07-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

No doubt that there might be that size deer, or bigger, in the area. It depends on how the land has been managed and for how many years.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:46 PM

That part of mississippi is known for big deer, so you have an excellent chance to kill a 140 there, and depending on the management of the property you're going to you have a good chance of getting up in the 170's.
Some college buddies have 800acres just west of grenada, which is 40 miles or so north of lexington, and they have managed it for 4years and are seeing 150's on a pretty regular basis.

If I can get 'em to email some pics, I'll post 'em here for you.

But, if you're hunting with Black Creek, they have been letting alot of smaller deer be killed, for the business, so I'm not sure about thier management program...

Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:58 PM

Yes, I'm hunting with black creek outfitters. Anything you know about them would be helpful. Thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

I dont know anything about them. You are the judge of whom you'll be hunting with. What do they say about their reputation. I usually give the outfitter the benefit of the doubt. They know what their lands hold and what you chances are. IF say they have big deer, them more than likely they do....
Old 07-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Like any where you have to be careful, but Mississippi is full of great bucks. Good Luck
Old 07-03-2007, 10:07 AM

sounds like you should have asked a few more questions before you put your money down. i would talk to as many of the hunters that hunted ther last year
Old 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hard Luck

I have a deer hunt booked near Lexington Ms for mid Dec. (primitative season) are ther any decent deer in the area ? I don't expect a booner but a nice 120 to 140 would be good is that beyond the relm of expectations ? or am I kidding myself ? I'm having second thoughts but have already laid my money down.
HEMMMMM ...I WOULD HOPE YOU SCOUT YOUR OUTFITTERS ASHARD AS YOU SCOUT FOR DEER .... BEFORE I SENT MONEY FOR A HUNT I WOULD HAVE ALL THIS INFORMATION ....BUT WITH A USER NAME LIKE "HARD LUCK" I SUPPOSE YOULIVE AND LEARN.

GOOD LUCK

dd